About Me

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 0 Comments A+ a-

I had always dreamed of becoming a graphic designer. I had big, and very specific dreams.
  1. I wanted a job working in downtown Cleveland.
  2. I also wanted to do design a billboard... but not just any billboard. I wanted to me design to be on the HUGE billboard on the I-71/90 on the way in to Cleveland.
So, I went to the best school around, and completed a rigorous program to get my degree. After graduation, I got a job in downtown Cleveland - just like I had dreamed of.And, as fate would have it, the company just so happened to own the HUGE billboards I dreamed of having my designs on. Coincidence or not, things were starting to really fall in place for me.

Time came and went, and I designed as I was told. And then, I was given the opportunity to design something for the billboard I had always dreamed about! I was beyond thrilled, and told everyone I knew. There it was - a dream come true. me design... 93 feet wide & 33 feet high... on display for the entire city of Cleveland to see. And, there was only one word to describe how I felt - empty.

My biggest dreams had materialized before me very eyes, yet I felt empty inside. Was this really what I had wanted accomplish? It seemed so trivial. So un-important. It was just a stupid sign. I knew there had to be something more to me life than this, and after a while I figured it out.

I had to focus on what my priorities were. Sure, 15 years ago, I wanted to be a successful designer, but me heart just wasn't in it any more. I was married, and had the most amazing son in the world. But, being a graphic designer was no longer what I did to feel fulfilled - it was the thing the kept me from being fulfilled. The priorities in my heart had shifted from my career to my family, but my actions hadn't. My days at home with my son were what made me feel alive, not the days that I was at work.

So, I made a decision. A decision that would change me life forever. I decided to quit my job so I could focus on me main priority - my family.

I created "It Keeps Getting Better" after the birth of my son, realizing that with this new, amazing person in my life - each passing day keeps getting better. This blog is a chronicle of my journey through life with my family.

A PR Friendly Blog
I LOVE reviewing new products! If you are interested in advertising or having your product reviewed on "It Keeps Getting Better" just click the button below.



Ready for more? Get FREE updates by email.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...