Still Plugging Away At Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Thursday, July 08, 2010 9 Comments A+ a-

A few years ago, I read The Fountainhead by Ayn (pronounced: eye-in) Rand. The book was brilliant, easily, one of my favorite books ever. If you're considering going into any "creative" field, you MUST read this book before going to college. This books tells it like it is. I figured this Ayn Rand chick is nothing less than brilliant, and decided, when putting together my list of 101 goals in 1,001 days - that reading her "magnum opus" Atlas Shrugged would be an excellent idea. I was wrong.


Atlas Shrugged is going.... slowly. Very slowly. I started reading it in January of this year... seven months later, I FINALLY hit page 500, which seems pretty far... put the words are very, VERY small... and the book has 1,096 pages... which is WAY, WAY too many. Yes, I sound like I'm just being lazy, but I'm not. At approximately 540,000 words, it's one of the longest novels ever written. Go to the library. Get this book. Let me know how far YOU get before you give up. Seriously. I decided to see how long the audiobook is... and it's a ridiculous 63 hours. For an audiobook. Yikes. I'm sure I'll finish this book eventually, but I just HAD to write a post to complain update you on how this goal was going.

Have YOU ever been crazy enough to read Atlas Shrugged, or lucky enough to have read The Fountainhead? Could Atlas Shrugged possibly be THAT great? Leave me a comment!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...