Hearty Vegetable Chili Recipe

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

I received a gift set from Red Gold Tomatoes in return for this post.

I LOVE tomatoes. I find them to be delicious fresh. I put salsa on everything I can... and A LOT of it. I load on the sauce whenever I make spaghetti. So, when Red Gold Tomatoes contacted me to review their product, I was in! (As much as I love tomatoes, I have honestly never bought them canned... and was interested in giving it a try.)

A few days later my tomato variety sampler arrived in the mail... along with a cookbook. I paged through it, and the Hearty Vegetable Chili caught my eye. As a vegetarian, I'm always looking for new, healthy, and EASY recipes. I decided to make the aforementioned Hearty Vegetable Chili... with a few tweaks of my own... and not only was it super-easy to make... it came out spectacular!

Servings: 6       Prep Time: 5 min.       Cook Time: 15 min.

Ingredients
2 (14.5 ounce) cans Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes Chili Ready with Onions
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
2 teaspoons chili powder

Directions:
In large saucepan, combine RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES CHILI READY with ONIONS, garbanzo beans, black beans, corn and chili powder; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 10 minutes. Ladle chili into individual soup bowls.

I used 1 can of Petite Diced Garlic & Olive Oil Tomatoes & 1 can of Petite Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilies instead of the 2 cans of Chili Ready With Onions... because, frankly, those were the ones that came in my variety pack. I also threw some chopped onions in the pot for a few seconds before I poured all of the canned ingredients in... because the tomatoes I used didn't have onions in them already.

The Verdict:
It came out spicy & delicious! And, my favorite part... it's opening 4 cans, putting it into a pot, and letting it cook for 10 minutes! Dinner can't get much easier than that!

FUN FACT: 
Red Gold Tomatoes, is a family owned Indiana-based company around since the '40s focused on growing local in the Midwest where true seasons impact the flavor of tomatoes (grown on numerous farms in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana).

What's your favorite tomato based recipe? Leave a comment.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...