Today I Quit My Job

Monday, March 28, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

Well, perhaps "quit" isn't the right word.  "Submitted my resignation" is a bit more accurate. But... I'm getting way ahead of myself. Let me explain.

You see, for as long as I can remember, I have always been indecisive. The littlest question would leave my head spinning in a whirlwind of decisions. What did I want for dinner? Ooh! Pizza! No, wait, Mexican. Or spaghetti. And, now I realize that it's not so much me being indecisive, but not really caring what we ate for dinner.

There have been a handful of times in my life when I knew I was making the right decision... like when I met my husband 16 years ago... when we got married... when we bought our house... or a few years later when I bought my car. And, now, I am excited to be making another decision that just absolutely feel right to me.  


Ever since I found out that I was pregnant with baby #2, I've had an overwhelming urge to become a *shudder* stay-at-home-mom (SAHM). It's not something you would imagine feeling ashamed about, but I did. It even took me a while to tell it to my husband. Never in my entire life had I ever felt that I would actually want to be a SAHM!  I went to college! I had always wanted to be a career-person! That full-time-mom crap was for other people. I wanted to be a successful graphic designer.

But things change.
Life changes.
And life changes you you are. 


"Nothing is static or fixed. Everything is fleeting and impermanent. It is the first mark of existence. Everything is in process. Everything—every tree, every blade of grass, all the animals, insects, human beings, buildings, the animate and the inanimate—is always changing, moment to moment."
- Pema Chodron


We all grow. We all change.


But for a while, I felt like I stopped growing. I stopped changing. I felt stuck in a job that was no longer making me happy. The days I felt most productive & important were the ones I spent with my son. So, today I made a change. I submitted my two-weeks notice to my employer so I could pursue my new dream... my dream of being a stay-at-home-mother. I'm excited, because it feels like the right thing for me to do.   


I have learned a lot during my lifetime. But, the most important thing I have learned, it's that I must follow my own heart. 

How have you embraced change in your life? Leave a comment. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...