Finding Something More As A SAHM

Monday, April 11, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

Well, I just finished my first official day as a stay-at-home-mom, and it was good. Phoenix and I took a walk in the rain. We sang & danced to Shania Twain. We played football. We made a birthday card for Daddy. We even finished laundry. But, most importantly, it felt like the first time in a long time that I was actually present.


Being a mother who works outside the home is can be amazing. But, it was really starting to take a toll on me. I wanted to really be there for my son - to feel like I was spending quality time with him... and I wasn't always able to do that after an 8 hour work day with a 45 minute commute there and back. By the time I got home, there was barely enough time to eat before we had to start Phoenix's bath-time routine.

We always spent quality time together from Monday-Friday, but, to me, it no longer seemed like enough. I was so busy during the week that weekends turned into a clean-the-house & do laundry time - when they should have been about relaxing & spending time with my family.


It's no wonder that these Sugarland lyrics that have been playing in my head non-stop for the past two weeks... because with my first official day as a SAHM, I think I finally found what I was looking for.

Excerpts From "Something More" by Sugarland
Five years and there's no doubt
That I'm burnt out, I've had enough
So now boss man, here's my two weeks
I'll make it short and sweet, so listen up
I could work my life away, but why?
I got things to do before die

I need a little less hard time
I need a little more bliss
I'm gonna take my chances
Taking any chance I might
Find what I'm looking for
There's gotta be something more
Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate
I believe that happiness is something we create
You best belive that I'm not gonna wait
'Cause there's gotta be something more


If you enjoyed this post, get FREE updates by email.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...