34 Weeks Pregnant... And Preparing For A Natural Childbirth

Sunday, May 15, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

Two years ago, when I had Phoenix, I told myself one thing... next time I WILL have an epidural. Well, leave it to me to be 34 weeks pregnant, and researching natural (aka drug-free) childbirth methods!

I'm currently reading about Hypnobirthing (http://www.hypnobirthing.com/) and so far am really liking it. In a nutshell, pain during childbirth is caused by pain & tension. Eliminate the pain & tension in your body, and you eliminate the pain. Looking back at Phoenix's birth, it totally makes sense to me, and I'm ready to give it a try.

And, at the hospital I delivered at two years ago, the nursing staff at the hospital told me that about 95% of mothers had an epidural. I certainly felt out-of-place and crazy for wanting a natural childbirth. But, I'm ready to give it another try!

Have you had a natural childbirth? What techniques worked the best for you? 






If you enjoyed this post, get FREE updates by email.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...