Keeping Your Relationship Fresh

Saturday, May 07, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

This month marks my 9-year wedding anniversary. I will have officially been with my husband for 16 years. Is our relationship fresh? Well, it sure feels that way to me. Perhaps it's how little attention I pay to him... I forget things so often, that I often find myself re-discovering things I already (should) know. (Kinda like amnesiac Drew Barrymore in 50 First Dates.) Hey, amnesia or not, it keeps things fun!

Photo: My husband & I in Hawaii... we wanted to travel as much as possible before we had children.

When it comes to relationships, I'll be the first to admit that I don't have all of the answers. To be honest, I don't really think anyone does. My relationship works for me, but it's far different from what may work for other couples. Everybody is different, and it's important to acknowledge that. You just have to do what's best for you, and follow your heart. To be honest, I don't know of a single "perfect couple." But, that's the way it should be. You don't need to be a perfect couple in the eyes of others... you just need to be perfect for each other.

So, if the amnesia route for keeping things fresh isn't really your cup of tea... you should at least check out TwoOfUs.org for these tips on keeping your relationship fresh. The site has a lot of great advice for people in all different stages of being a couple. Whether dating, exclusive, engaged, married, or parents... there's something for everybody.

This post brought to you by TwoOfUs. All opinions are 100% mine.
What relationship questions do YOU have? Leave a comment! And, feel free to answer any of the questions well :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...