My Extremely-Mini Extreme-Couponing Adventure

Monday, May 02, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

As a new SAHM, I'm always looking for ways to save money. I usually just shop at Aldis for groceries, but today I decided to give couponing a try. I didn't get a lot - but the few things I did get - I got for cheaper than I normally would.

Basically, our local grocery store, Apples, doubles coupons up to $0.99 on Monday & Tuesday. So, if you buy something on sale & use a coupon, you can really save!

So, here's what I got:

  • Trix Cereal (10.7oz) - $1.40 - On Sale for $2.50 - (minus a $0.55 coupon doubled to $1.10) 
  • Honey Nut Cherrios (12.25oz) - $1.40 - On Sale for $2.50 - (minus a $0.55 coupon doubled to $1.10) 
  • Toaster Strudels (2 boxes) $1.28/box - On Sale for $1.88/box (minus a $0.60 coupon doubled to $1.20)

Retail cost = $11.65
My cost = $5.36

I think I could get used to this :)

Do YOU use coupons? Have you seen Extreme Couponing? What do you think? Leave a comment! 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...