Cranberry Almond Couscous Recipe

Friday, June 10, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

I love pasta salad, but couscous is something I tend to avoid because I usually don't like how it is put together.  But, I decided to try my hand at a new culinary endeavor and come up with this pasta salad.


Cranberry almond couscous
2 cups dried couscous 
1 red onion, diced
1 green onion, diced
2-3 Tbsp. dried cranberries
2-3 Tbsp. raw almonds
2 oranges
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

1. Cook couscous per package directions.
2. While couscous is cooking, dice up red and green onions.
3. Mix red onion, green onion, dried cranberries, and raw almonds together.
4. Juice and zest oranges.
5. Once couscous is cooked, rinse under cold water.
6. Mix all the ingredients together and serve with spinach.

Our thoughts after eating this: After we ate this, my husband said this recipe was the tastiest couscous he's ever had, the first that wasn't bland, had a nice savory-sweet combination, and just all around "good stuff."  I liked the fact that it had some sweetness without containing high fructose corn syrup.  I would have put tomatoes in this, but my husband does not like tomatoes.  One of my mottoes when serving vegetarian dishes is to try and have as many colored vegetables and fruit in the meal as possible.


About The Author
I am a Christian and a wife to an amazing husband, a mum to a rambunctious baby, a part time SAHM and a part time nurse.  I  write about cloth diapering, reading, cooking, baking, etc. over at "Musings of a SAHM".  Follow me on twitter: @mummytocharis
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...