Teaching My Toddler To Breastfeed

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

I'm a big advocate of breastfeeding. I nursed my son for around 14 months, and am planning on nursing Ariana for at least a year as well. I know breastfeeding creeps some people out. It's hard for people to see boobs being used for the purpose nature intended. So, it was quite reassuring that my son doesn't see it as something weird... but just the normal way mothers feed their babies. :)

The other day, I was ecstatic to see my son pull up his small rocking chair, and attempt to start nursing one of his dolls.

"Her mouth won't open," he said after fumbling around a bit.

So, like any good mom would, I stopped feeding his sister, and went over to give him some guidance. After explaining how to hold the baby & position it correctly, Phoenix caught on pretty quickly. He was right there feeding his baby as I was feeding mine, and I couldn't be more proud of him!




If you're planning on breastfeeding, I highly recommend reading The Womanly Art Of Breastfeeding. It gives a lot of info on breastfeeding - and dispels a lot of breastfeeding myths. For example... did you know  breastmilk is made from your blood? It has nothing to do with what's in your stomach or digestive tract... aside from the nutrients you eat going through your bloodstream.

What do you think of boys pretending to breastfeed? Leave a comment.


THE FINE PRINT:
I have not received any compensation for writing this content and I have no material connection to the brands, topics and/or products that are mentioned herein. The opinions expressed are my own. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...