My Artwork: Illustration

Friday, September 02, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

I'm in a major decluttering phase right now. I'm reading some great books for inspiration, and they helped my decide that today, I will be getting rid of my artwork. Between some grade-school, high school, and 4 years of graphic design in college, I've accumulated quite the art collection. It's been sitting in various portfolio cases that I keep under my bed. Until today, I had completely forgotten I had even done any of it.

I like to think that this artwork means a lot to me, but it doesn't. I've kept it under my bed. I've never bothered to look at it, let alone display any of it. But, there's a reason. I always thought about art as being about the end product. But, all of this art was created in school - when I was still learning. It's so clear to me now - art isn't about the end product, it's about the process of making it. It's what I've learned along the way... and that I'll keep with me forever. 

But, I still feel compelled to hold onto these memories, so I've photographed my art... so that I'll always have it. This is not a portfolio of hand-picked jems to showcase my ability. It is a look back at everything I have created. 







  


 






  








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...