Creative Fun With Play-Doh

Friday, November 11, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

Inspired by a few Montessori learning websites I've been visiting lately, I've decided to make Phoenix's time at home a bit more educational. Think about it - as a baby, almost all of his toys were educational, but now that he's a toddler, hardly any of them are. While at first he seems to be perfectly content with playing with his cars & trains all day, I don't think he's being challenged at home the way he wants to be. I'm hoping these fun learning lessons will be something he will really enjoy as well as something he can benefit and grow from.

I gave Phoenix bucket with blue Play-Doh, an Ernie toy, an plastic octagon toy & a plastic circle toy. The first thing he wanted to do was get a rolling pin, so after we got that, he was ready to go!


Immediately, his imagination started running wild. He was crafting, dinosaurs, sea dragons, and all sorts of clever creatures. 


And when he asked me to make him a cup & something to pour for drinks, I gladly obliged.


Next thin I knew, we were in full-on tea part mode... complete with tea/pop/milk and waffles/pancakes.



It was a great time, and we both had a blast! I'm looking forward to having Play-Doh time together as one of our regular activities :)

What was your favorite activity to do with your kids when they were toddlers? Leave a comment.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...