Laundry Detergent Experiment On Cloth Diapers

Thursday, November 03, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review

Since I've started using cloth diapers about 6 months ago, I've been using Ultra Tide Powder. I was lazy, and attempting to be frugal. Yes, perhaps it was a poor attempt to be frugal, but when my math said that using Tide would only cost $0.15 per load,  as opposed to the $0.20 per load of the highly recommended "frugal" Country Save, I was sold. Online, you'll find good and bad about Tide, but I was willing to give it a try. It seemed to work well at first, but gradually, my diapers were holding less and less liquid... and I started to think that perhaps the detergent was the problem. 

In my search for a new detergent to use, I stumbled across Tropical Traditions Powdered Laundry Detergent. It was re-assuring to see that Tropical Traditions claims it is safe for cloth diapers. But, just to be sure, I emailed the ingredients to a popular cloth detergent rating website to get their opinion. I was thrilled when they confirmed that its three ingredients: soda ash, sodium percarbonate, mild surfactants are safe for cloth diapers! Yup, just three ingredients. It doesn't get any more pure than that!

So, I decided to strip my diapers - which is basically running them through hot laundry cycles without any detergent until they don't make any bubbles in the water. After running them through about 7 cycles, they were stripped. First, cleaned a load with more Tide... it took 4 washes on the hot cycle to strip the detergent buildup from just one wash with Tide. The next time they needed to be washed, I used 2 scoops (4 oz) of Tropical Traditions Laundry Detergent for my medium-sized load of diapers. This time, they didn't need any extra cycles to remove any detergent buildup - the water was completely clean the second cycle.

I was seriously impressed. There was only one more thing to test... the absorbency. Night time is the best way for me to check this. Previously, Ariana had always soaked through her diapers at night. But, after stripping the diapers & washing them in Tropical Traditions Laundry Detergent... her diaper didn't soak through at night!!!

I'm now sold on Tropical Traditions Laundry Detergent. Our diapers come out clean, with no detergent buildup, and absorbing more than they ever have before! If you're into cloth diapers... or even if you just like stink-free, super-absorbent towels... I highly recommend it. Remember, strip the old detergent off first, and then wash with Tropical Traditions Laundry Detergent. 

Try It
See for yourself how amazing this stuff really is! You can order a 5 lb container of Tropical Traditions Laundry Detergent HERE for the special sale price of $16.99 retail price of $30.00.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...