How I Lost My Pregnancy Weight... Most of It At Least!

Sunday, December 11, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

This post brought to you by Slim-Fast.

When I was pregnant with Ariana... I gained a bit too much weight. I started my pregnancy at 140lbs, and ended it at around 186-ish. That's right, I gained right around 46 lbs. And, though I never felt huge, the scale... and my doctors... told me otherwise.

As any new mom can attest to, it's hard to get back into the working out groove after you've had a baby. You're lucky to have time to sleep, to take a quick shower, to eat... let alone work out! I haven't worked out at all since Ariana was born, but I am still managing to slowly shed that baby weight. Right now, 5 months after she was born, I have about 6 lbs left to lose. It's not a lot, and I'm not really worried about it. I'm just happy to fit into my regular clothes again!

So, what has worked for me? Well,  I exclusively breastfeed Ariana, which burns quite a few calories. I am also a vegetarian, so I think that helps as well. I'm actually in the process of incorporating more vegan meals into my diet by eliminating dairy & eggs as well. Plus, when I can, I try to cook from scratch... though it doesn't happen nearly as often as I would like it to! I don't claim to look perfect, but I'm comfortable with my body.

My first piece of advice to any new moms, is that if you are able to breastfeed, do it! It's the easiest way to burn calories! On top of that, incorporate more vegetarian meals into your diet as well.

I had never tried diet pills, weight loss shakes, etc. a try until yesterday. I gave Slim-Fast's Creamy Milk Chocolate Shake a try, and it was honestly delicious! It was also a bit more filling that what I expected. I can totally see how these could help with weight loss. The Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Plan is ridiculously simple - you just have 3 Nourishing Snacks, 2 Shakes or Meal Bars, and 1 Balanced Meal a day.

The new Slim-Fast shakes, snack bars, and meal bars are available in the pharmacy sections of grocers and retailers nationwide, including Wal-Mart, Target, Safeway and Kroger. You can also get them online at Amazon.com and the Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Store on Facebook - so be sure to "Like" them there.

So, if you're looking for a way to loose weight, you might want to give Slim-Fast a try. From what I've seen, it's a great way to lose those pounds we pack on during the holidays. Heck, it'd even be a great way to curb your hunger at holiday gatherings. Just have a shake before you go, and you won't be starving & eating everything in sight when you get to your destination.

 Are you on a diet, or planing to be on one soon? Do you have any tips on how to lose weight? Leave a comment.




 All opinions are 100% mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...