Top 10 Ways To Get Your Family Ready For Christmas
With the holidays quickly approaching, I thought it'd be a perfect time to make a list of my Top 10 Ways To Get My Family Ready For Christmas. :)
- Put up your tree. I know, obvious, but nothing gets me in the Christmas spirit like having our beautiful tree lit up!
- Listen to some great Christmas music. Forget all that contemporary Christmas music... pop singers & Christmas music don't mix! Jam to the stuff you grew up listening to. My favorite is the Children's Christmas Channel on Pandora
- Candy canes & hot chocolate. Nothing is better than a nice hot chocolate on a cold December day... and mixing in a candy cane is just pure delight!
- Read How The Grinch Stole Christmas. In the midst of the hussle & bussle of Christmas, it's always good to have a reminder that you really don't need anything to celebrate Christmas but each other.
- Wrap presents. Yup... i said wrap. Because, let's be honest, it's always more fun to unwrap presents, no matter how old you are!
- Visit Santa with your kids.
- Make a Christmas Chain. It's a great way to count down how many days until Christmas! Visual reminders always work better than just telling your kids there are 20 more days until Christmas.
- Have an elf in your home. We are visited by Fred, our Elf On The Shelf. It's a great way to teach kids about Santa... and a reminder that they need to behave!
- Let your kids play with the nativity scene. If it just sits there... you're missing out on a lot of fun! Nothing is cooler as a kid than playing with all of the different figurines. It's a magical thing to do, and was one of my favorite things to do as a child during Christmas.
- Advent calendars. Whether chocolate, Legos, or something else, an advent calendar makes a little celebration out of each day!
What are your favorite things to do to get in the holiday spirit? Leave a comment.