0 Calorie Lemonade Recipe & Truvía® natural sweetener Product Review

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-


I received this product complimentary to test through Influenster’s VoxBox program.

I love lemonade, and since I started eating more whole foods, the powdered lemonade just wasn't cutting it anymore. So, what's a trying-to-eat-healthier girl to do? Well, I just made up my own recipe using... an actual lemon! It's delicious, and I hope you love it as much as I do!

PS - It's technically not zero calories, as a lemon actually contains a whopping 17 calories. (That's 1% of the calories you need in a day.) But, on the bright side, a lemon also contains 2 grams of fiber (6% DV), 1 gram of protien (1% DV), and 51% DV of vitiman C!

0 Calorie Lemonade Recipe
  1. Roll whole lemon on counter to break down the fibers in it to create more juice. 
  2. Cut lemon in half & squeeze each half into a glass. (Use 1/2 the lemon, if you prefer a more subtle taste.)
  3. Fill glass with ice & water.
  4. Mix in a packet (or two) of Truvia.  
  5. Stir & enjoy!

The Truvia gives the drink a great, fresh taste without the weird taste I get with aspartame sweeteners.

What's your favorite sweetener? Leave a comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...