Saturday, April 28, 2012

Growing Out A Pixie Cut {Day 1 to Day 120}


Growing Out A Pixie Cut
I absolutely love the pixie cut I got a few months back. But, as much as I like it short, I like change too. So, here I am, growing out a pixie cut. I think a lot of people would be surprised to find out that I haven't got it cut since then either. I'm growing it out long again, and am really trying to hold off on cutting it too much. Yes, I know cutting it keeps it healthy, but there's still that little voice in the back of my head that tells me that too frequent trims will keep it short for too long.

So, here's how I've been growing out my pixie cut - complete with photos, grow-out time frames and styling instructions. Oh, and I'm a busy mom too, so all of these styles are incredibly low-maintenance, easy, and quick to do too!




Pixie Haircut - Day 1
The original pixie haircut. I was still experimenting with how to style it. This was a bit slicker in the bangs than what I liked. I usually ended up washing it, tousling in some product, messing it up with my hands, and letting it air dry.
Growing Out A Pixie CutGrowing Out A Pixie Cut



Pixie Haircut - Day 6
I colored my pixie soft black, and became a bit more comfortable with how to style it. I just messed it up a bit with my fingers, using a texturizing product.
how to grow out a pixie cut how to grow out a pixie cut



Pixie Haircut - 3 Weeks
You can see here how it's beginning to grow out a bit. I still just messed it up a bit with my fingers, using a texturizing product.





 Pixie Haircut - 5 Weeks
With the length in the back, i really started to focus on making it as spikey as I could - putting gel or voluminizing product in my hands, and really pulling it straight out and a little bit up on back.




 Pixie Haircut - 8 Weeks
This was an unstyled wash & go day. You can really see the difference in length!




 Pixie Haircut - 2½ Months
To give my still-untrimmed & grown-out pixie a bit more style, I started blow-drying it upsidedown. I used little to no product in it, allowing it to be styled from the heat of the blowdryer. Once the bottom was dry, I flipped my hair right-side-up again, and used the blowdrier and my fingers to style a side part. I'd switch what side the part was on every few days just so my hair didn't get stuck always being styled on one side.

growing_out_a_pixie_cut




 Pixie Haircut - 4 Months
I find that with the longer style, it works best to just blow-dry it upsidedown. I used little to no product in it, allowing it to be styled from the heat of the blowdryer. Once the bottom is dry, I just flip my hair right-side-up again, and used the blowdrier and my fingers to style a side part. I'd switch what side the part was on every few days just so my hair didn't get stuck always being styled on one side.

how_to_grow_out_a_pixie_cut


And that, my friends, has been my journey from a pixie haircut back to a hairstyle with... well... a bit more length.


A little good product goes a long way as well! Be sure to get a good, sulfate-free shampoo as well.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

Blog Archive

 

It Keeps Getting Better Copyright © 2009-2013 Shopping Bag is Designed by Ipietoon