Join Us In Celebrating Screen-Free Week: April 30-May 6

Monday, April 30, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-


Celebrate Screen-Free Week: April 30-May 6

I'm excited to be a part of something special this week - Screen-Free Week. Screen-Free Week is an annual celebration where families, schools and communities all across the country turn off entertainment screen media (TV, video games, computer games, apps, etc.) and turn on life!  It’s 7 days to unplug and read, play, daydream, create, explore nature, and spend more time with family and friends.

About two weeks ago, I decided to start a "No-TV-Before-Noon" rule at our house which has been going quite well. So, I think going without tv for a week should be a bit less of a shock to Phoenix. And, while I decided not to go screen-free myself, I have committed myself to screen-time only when the kids are sleeping. So, you'll notice a bit less online activity from me this week.

I'm actually looking forward to unplugging a bit. I think sometimes I get caught up in social networks, blogging and everything else, that I forget how nice it is to just unplug. In fact, I think hubby and I might even be busting out a board game or maybe even get a few puzzles for the week. There's nothing like some good, clean fun to switch things up a bit! 

Here's to living live life like it's 1999! :)

I'd love to know what you think about this post. Leave a comment letting me know.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...