Cutting Edge Stencils {REVIEW}

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Ever since I laid eyes on my first tree stencil, I was in love. There's just something about stencils that brings life to a room. That's why I'm so excited to have finally put up my very first stencil in Ariana's room!

As a stencil newbie, the very first thing I did was familiarize myself with the whole stenciling process through the videos on the Cutting Edge Channel on YouTube. I'll admit, I was pretty intimidated to try stenciling at first, but felt much more confident after watching these easy video tutorials.

     

I went to the store to grab some paint & supplies. I decided to use Martha Stewart Pink Luster Glitter paint & Martha Stewart Metallic Paint in Polished Silver.


Next, I taped the bottom half of the Large Tree & Birds stencil to the wall, and made sure it was positioned exactly where I wanted it. Once it was taped into place, I started lightly rolling on some color. After two coats of silver, the color was exactly what I had envisioned it to be. 



After the bottom half of the tree was dry, I taped the huge top half of the tree on the wall, and started rolling away.

 

And, for my very first stencil, I was quite proud with the results so far... especially once I started adding some pretty pink birds and butterflies into the mix!


Soon, I realized that when it comes to stenciling pink, glittery birds and butterflies on the walls of your baby girl's room, there's only one rule that applies - the more the merrier!


I love how the final design turned out. It's not flawless, but it's not supposed to be. It's supposed to be a beautiful, hand-crafted work of art... and, indeed it is. Ariana's once plain bedroom walls are now filled with color, life, and joy!




Have you ever stenciled a wall? What did you think? Leave a comment. 

P.S. This lovely blog is only a little snippet of my crazy life. You can follow along at these places too:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...