Our North Ridgeville Splash Pad

Friday, June 15, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-

I love our little town of North Ridgeville. They have an amazing Parks & Recreation Dept. that is always planning lots of fun things for children to do. There are great parks that Ariana, Phoenix, and myself love to go to. And, they even have an amazing splash pad for the kids to play on that is completely free.

So, the other day, when my Facebook feed was full of mommy friends bummed out that the North Ridgeville Splash Pad was only going to be open to North Ridgeville residents, I was pretty bummed out. I guess they were mostly looking to stop the field trip buses and the van loads of non residents, both making the splash pad so crowded it could not be enjoyed. It makes sense, but I am bummed that most of my mommy friends don't live in North Ridgeville, and won't be able to go. In fact, one of the Facebook conversations actually made it to the news!

When I was telling the hubby about the new North Ridgeville Splash Pad rules, he simply replied, "You know, you could just make your own splash pad in our back yard.

So I did. :)



In about 20 seconds, a sprinkler, two lawn chairs, a pirate ship, and a half-opened umbrella became our own North Ridgeville Splash Pad. :)



And while I'm really looking forward to taking the kids to the real North Ridgeville Splash Pad sometime soon, it's nice to have our own little mini version right in our own backyard! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...