What Does An Attachment Parenting Baby Sound Like?

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-

It appears as though I'm an "attachment parent". I first realized that there was a name for all this instinctive stuff I did when I read Beyond the Sling: A Real-Life Guide to Raising Confident, Loving Children by Mayim Bialik. I don't do everything that some attachment parents but it's not an all or nothing thing. 

Basically "attachment parenting" is "about forming and nurturing strong connections between parents and their children. Attachment Parenting challenges us as parents to treat our children with kindness, respect and dignity, and to model in our interactions with them the way we'd like them to interact with others." (http://www.attachmentparenting.org/principles/principles.php/prepare.php)

Parenting this way has allowed me to have a baby that hardly ever cries. It's simple. If she's hungry, I feed her. I she wants to be held, I hold her. If she's tired, I nurse her to sleep. I meet her needs. She's happy she trusts the world. She's never been abandoned, and never will be.

But, the real reason I'm writing this post is to show you that what I'm doing has had some amazing side-effects. Remember when I told you to ask my son what a baby sounds like? Well, here is his answer.  :) 





It's a wonderful feeling to have changed my parenting style from the standard American style to that of an attachment parent. It might not work for everyone, but it works for me. I've gotten too used to my happy baby to change things now. :) 

So, am I horrible/awesome/crazy? Here's your chance to sound off. Leave a comment and let me know. 
Check out more posts about family & parenting
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...