How Can I Get Fit?

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-

Working out has always been a part of my life. In high school, I had perfected my own little at-home routine, which consisted of a lot of leg lifts and upper-body free-weight routine. In college, I hit the gym 5 days a week. As a graphic designer working in Cleveland, I'd work out at the local rec center 5 days a week.

Every morning, I'd wake up early... usually around 5:30am and work out. I wasn't super-dedicated. I didn't have any sort of discipline. I just woke up and did it out of habit... because there was just something I loved about how I felt when I worked out. 

But, things have changed. I'm now a 32-year old mother of two. I've had exactly two full nights of sleep in the past 3 1/2 years, and it became difficult to get up at 5am to work out when I'm getting up 2-4 times every night to take care of my children. I told myself that I'll start working out as soon as the kids are sleeping through the night. Well, that hasn't happened yet.

I tried working out on the elliptical machine we have at home, but Ariana inevitably wakes up. Ken tries to put her back to sleep, but she's always way too distracted by me working out. So, I hop off the elliptical, and rock her to bed... only to be greeted by Phoenix, who decided he's ready to start his day. Working out at home was clearly no longer working for me now that I have children. 



I recently joined a gym, and will now be back to my old routine of working out 5 days a week. 

I've forgotten how much I love the feeling of sore muscles. I've forgotten how nice it is to have a little "me" time every day... where I can just relax, and not have to worry about the kids. I've forgotten the freedom of being alone in my car, being able to listen to whatever I want. 

I'm ready for a change. I'm ready to look better than I ever have before. I'm not a fit as I once was, but with time and hard work, I'll be more fit then I've ever been. 

I hope you join in my journey. I'll be posting fit tips & inspiration, and I truly hope I inspire you to make a change too!


Follow My Fitness Journey - FREE!
Enter your email address to subscribe to our email updates.
We will never share your email address with anyone.




Delivered by FeedBurner
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...