Experiments In Homeschooling: The Weather

The past few weeks, we've been learning about weather. I found an amazing printable weather station activity that we I put together, and we've been using that to observe & record the weather outside.


I love how it's interactive - with arrows, sliding parts, and even little cards to stick on. It's a great way to introduce a toddler or preschooler to weather.


We've also been watching movies & reading books about weather too. But, one of the reasons why I wanted to cover right now was to coincide with Atmosphere Adventures - an educational program put on by our local meteorologist Jon Loufman. 


The presentation was great! Jon did a great job of teaching and keeping things fun too. We're very fortunate to have such a great program in the area. A lot of the material was over Phoenix's head, but that's not a problem for me. I always enjoy having him learn about things, and seeing what he picks up on and remembers long-term. :)

For those of you interested in teaching your child about the weather, here are the resources I've found to be helpful for the pre-k to 1st grade range.

Learning About The Weather Resources
Weather by Rebecca Rissman (book)

Blog Archive