Easy Baked Apple Chips Recipe

Monday, September 26, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-

Easy Baked Apple Chips Recipe

Fall is finally here! One of my favorite things to do is to go to the apple orchard and stock up on enough fresh apples to hold my family over until January. If you've taken home a bushel or two, and are wondering what to do with your massive collection of apples, I've got an easy apple recipe you can use to make some baked apple chips. I used granny smith apples here, but I bet any apple you choose would be amazing. I've made quite a few different recipes for chips, and this is by far my favorite. And, because you're using real ingredients, with just a little bit of sugar, these are chips that are healthy.  :)


Ingredients

  • 2 Tbsp sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
  • 3 apples (granny smith, fuji, etc) cored

Instructions

  • Preheat oven to 250.
  • Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl.
  • Slice apples as thinly and evenly as possible. I used our Joyce Chen Spiral Slicer... something we use quite a bit around here. :)
  • Add the apples to the bowl and toss until all the slices have some sugar and cinnamon on them.
  •  Put apples on two cookie sheets, in a single layer.
  • Bake for two hours, until browned and just crisp. Let cool (they will be crispier after cooling.)
  • Store in a covered container or Ziploc-style bags up to one week.
Preparation time is approximately 3 hours.
Feel free to make this recipe your own by customizing it with your favorite spices.

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to let me know what you think, and don't forget to leave a comment with any suggestions you have. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...