How To Quit Soda Pop

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 0 Comments A+ a-





Want to know how to quit drinking soda? I'm right there with ya. Drinking soda pop is easily my biggest addiction. I know it's bad for me, but it just tastes so good! But, ever since I started drinking it, I've noticed the pounds creeping on. I've tried quitting a few times, but it's just to hard. I've had no plan in action, and easily slipped back into my old pop-drinking routine. This time, it will be different. I'll give up my pop addiction for good, and here's how I'm going to do it.
  1. Pick your new go-to drink. Having an automatic substitute ready in your brain makes it easier to transition out of your old stand-by soda of choice. I've decided to make lemonade my new drink of choice. It's fresh, delicious, and something we don't have at home, so it will always be a treat!
  2. Don't buy pop at the grocery store. I know it sounds obvious, but don't buy any. Don't even look at the pop in the grocery store anymore.
  3. Get something fun that you normally don't buy. Carbonated flavored water is a good choice for starting out, because it still gives you that fizz without the high-fructose corn syrup. You can also opt for flavored water, or even some of the fancier waters... like Voss, Fiji, or even SmartWater.
  4. Prepare for caffeine withdrawal & have pain-reliever handy. If you're used to consuming pop with caffeine, you'll get withdrawal headaches. Don't go back to drinking it. These headaches are proof that soda is bad for you. Stay away, and just take pain medication with your new go-to-drink as necessary.

Best of luck quitting your soda pop habit. I know it's not easy, but I'll be right there with you!

What would you add as Tip #5 on How To Quit Soda Pop? Leave a comment below. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...