Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pancakes In A Jar (Just Add Water)




The hubby loves making pancakes for breakfast. I'm not a huge fan... especially since he uses a box mix to make them. I'd just rather spend 5 minutes more making them from scratch, that way I know what's in them, and more importantly, what's not.

Well, after begging and begging him to just use the "from scratch" recipe we have, I decided he was just never going to use it. So, I did the next best thing. I made up a batch of "pancakes in a jar" that all he had to do was add water. That way, it's easy, like he wants, but made with real ingredients... like I want. Oh, and they also save money... making your own pancake mix is much cheaper than buying it in the store. :) These pancakes in a jar are the perfect solution!

They also make a great Christmas gift! Just put a cute little tag on them, and you're all set!


Pancakes In  A Jar (Just Add Water)

Ingredients:5 cups flour  (I use 2 cups wheat flour & 3 cups white flour to make them a little healthier, but use whatever works for you)
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp salt
1 1/4 cup dry milk
2 Tbsp baking powder

Combine all ingredients. Store in mason jars in a cool, dry place for up to 8 months.

To Prepare:
  • For a single-serving, mix 1/2 cup mix with water until it's a runny consistency.
  • To make more, just use more mix & more water.


Comments are always welcome! Just leave one below. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

 

It Keeps Getting Better Copyright © 2009-2013 Shopping Bag is Designed by Ipietoon