Potty Training - Part 2

I started introducing Ariana to the potty at a young age9½ months old. I had read a lot about elimination communication, I just wanted to see how she responded to the potty. For the record, she did great! But, it is a bit rough to keep up with on the parenting side, so it fell by the wayside. 

About two months ago, I moved her Safety 1St Potty from her bedroom to the bathroom. it was mostly to keep her from playing in it & using the potty as a hat. But, one of the good side effects is that having it in the bathroom made it easy for me to use the top half of the potty on our big toilet, so she could get used to going on the big potty instead of a small one.

Well, she was a fan of sitting on the big potty this way. She was almost constantly asking to sit on it... which quickly became frustrating because she never went. I think it just didn't click for her that this was a toilet... something to pee in, not just sit on.

Sometimes, she'd even start trying to take off her own pants & diapers, motioning to go on the potty. But still, she never went.

Well, today was one of those days. Right here in the living room, she pulled down her jeans & took off her diaper.

"She needs to go potty," Phoenix said matter-of-factly. I was pretty sure she wouldn't go, but decided to put her on the potty anyways, just because Phoenix thought she had to pee. Well, ya know what? Phoenix was right! As soon as I put her on there, she went pee! For the first time ever... on a big potty!



I'm SO excited that she has reached this new milestone! (Anything that gets me out of diaper changes & cloth diaper laundry every 3 days is definitely a good thing!)




Blog Archive