Start Date: Thursday, December 24, 2009
End Date: Thursday, September 20, 2012
GREEN=ACCOMPLISHED YELLOW=NO LONGER DESIRE TO COMPLETE RED=NOT COMPLETED
My 101 Goals:
- Learn to cook a Japanese homestyle meal - Done 1-7-10
- Read Atlas Shrugged (In Progress)
- Travel to Machu Picchu in Peru
- Not log in to Facebook for a week - Done 1-3-10
*Even better, I completely quit my Facebook account on 12-24-12, and haven't logged back in since. :)
- Get LASIK - Done 1-22-10
- Have another baby - Done 6-26-11
*Read the beautiful/crazy story of Ariana's birth.
- Write a short story
- Write a childrens book
- Illustrate a childrens book
- Not eat fastfood for a week
*I don't have proof I did this, but I do have the hunch it's happened, since I've started eating healthier, and trying to prepare more meals from scratch at home. :)
- 11. Host A Contest On My Blog - Done - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2010/12/nachomamateescom-review-giveaway.html
- Get to goal weight
*Yes, I got there after Phoenix was born... I need to get back there again though!
- Paint & stencil bathroom - Done 12-28-09
- Spend a weekend without the computer
- Walk to farmers market for groceries
- Go hardcore vegan for a week
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Not drink pop for a month - Done 2-2-10
- Listen to 10 books on tape - Done - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2010/05/great-audiobooks-list.html
- Read 10 new books (2/10)
- Pay off house
- Get Ken to write a 101 in 1001 list - Done 1-21-10
- Do 30 regular push ups in a row
- Read the Bible
- Go to a museum with the family - Done 10-2-10 - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2010/10/cincinnatis-duke-energy-childrens.html
- Go to the zoo with the family - Done 5-16-10 - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunday-trip-to-zoo.html
- Make lisabrowndesign.com an actual portfolio site
- Host a poker night
- Not watch TV for a week
- Get back on a workout routine - 5 days/week for a month
*Yup, I do this now. I've been "off" for 2 weeks dealing with sickness, but theres' no doubt in my mind that I'm a regular gym-goes now. :)
- Surprise Ken by doing something thoughtful (he must be genuinely surprised) - Done 3-14-11 - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2011/03/super-easy-donut-recipe.html
- Spend a day at the beach
- Visit a Mayan village with the family
*This would be nice in theorey, but I currently have no desire to take my family to Mexico, I don't feel it's safe for us.
- Learn a recipe from my mom
This was the Hungarian Apple Fritters (AKA Palachinka or Palascinta) I made a while back. Truth be told... they'll never be as good as my mom's or grandma's.
- Build a snowman with Phoenix
Wow - we did this a few weeks ago... I forgot it was even on my list!
- Create & keep up with my blog for this (In progress & complete)
Sell something on EbayI tried & failed!
- Learn Japanese
- Learn 10 constellations
*Not complete, but thanks to our planetarium trips with Phoenix, I officially know Orion in addition The Big Dipper!
- Grow hair to 12 inches long
- Grow hair to 18 inches long
- Grow hair to 24 inches long
- Get hilights
No longer want them, due to the nasty, harmful chemicals. I'm a henna girl from now on. :)
- Finish this darn list! - Done 2-21-10
- Complete 50 Questions - - http://www.marcandangel.com/2009/07/13/50-questions-that-will-free-your-mind/ - Done 3-16-10
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Go on a hike
- Watch a meteor shower
While I technically didn't watch a meteor shower, I certainly tried... but darn clouds were in my way!
- Take the family to church - Done 12-24-09
- Motivate 3 people (besides Ken) to write their own 101 Goals In 1001 Days (1/3 - Holly)
- Buy 3 pairs of "adult" pants (1/3)
Yup, I've since done this... though it's truly difficult trying to find pants to cover up that "coin slot" on the back. /sigh
- Buy 3 "adult" shirts (3/3) - Done 3-20-10
- Take the family to a pumpkin patch
*We tried... and Phoenix got terribly carsick. We did go to an apple orchard though!
- Decorate pumpkins from the pumpkin patch
- Go on a hayride
- Get a massage
- Donate blood
- Floss every day for a week - Done 1-6-10
- Use up ALL of my bath products
*Oh jeez, will this ever happen?! There's a never-ending supply of bath stuff!
- Watch entire "Lost" Series - Done 5-25-10
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen
- Complete Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
*Ok - what was I thinking with this one?!
- Try a new fruit.
I've since tried mango, papaya, and a handful of other fruits that were new to me. Don't judge, I was a different person 3 years ago!
- Try brussel sprouts - Done 5-11-10
- Watch a foreign film with subtitles - Done 6-25-10
- Get 10 blog followers (10/10) - Done 5-15-10
- Blog every day for a week - Done 12-30-09
- Finish Phoenix's 1st year scrapbook
*Even better, I've made him hard-bound books for the first 3 years of his life... certainly wonderful memories to treasure!
- Make a new vegan recipe - Done 2-27-10
- Complete a jigsaw puzzle
- Sleep under the stars
- Go canoeing
- Go horseback riding
- Start "Elf On A Shelf" tradition
- Go snowboarding
- Don't run into or bump into things for a whole day
*I don't know the date, but this had to have happened! I'm much less clumsy now!
- Get a better name for this blog - Done 12-28-09
- Don't eat candy for a week
*There's a good chance this one may have happened, but I can't say for sure.
- Eat raw for a day
- Go to Kalahari with the family
- Create a "Young me - Now me: photo (http://www.crookedbrains.net/2008/04/young-me-now-me.html)
- Not give Ken any new house projects in 2010 - just finish what's already started/on the list - FAILED! I've already given him WAY too much stuff to do!!!
- See a comedy show
- Make another 101 in 1001 list
*Not yet... but hopefully soon!
- Go to a pick-your-own-fruit farm
Yup... we had a blast at the apple orchard!
- Buy a spring jacket - DONE 2-27-10
- Buy a nice, winter jacket
- Finish Ken's journal
- Go to dinner with Holly - Done - 3-7-10
- Visit Tina in Columbus - Done 12-4-10
- Visit cousins in Toledo
- Go surfing
- Go snorkeling
- Get SCUBA certification
- Make a clock
- Take a class
- Take Phoenix to a music/gym/socialization class - Done 7-3-10 - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2010/07/great-morning-at-little-gym.html
- Complete FlyLady Beginner baby Steps
*I did as much as I could tolerate, The FlyLady isn't for me.
- Swim with dolphins
I don't have the heart to after watching The Cove. I don't care who you are, you'll never look at dolphns the same again after seeing that movie.
- Go camping
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
What do you want to do before you die? Leave a comment below, or if you're a blogger, feel free to add your post to the on-going widget below. :)