Thursday, January 31, 2013

101 Goals In 1001 Days - My Original List

I started this blog three years as a part of my endeavor to accomplish 101 goals in 1001 days. Since then, this has sort of morphed into more of a "mom blog", and I'm okay with that. But after watching The Buried Life the other day for the first time, I'm motivated to establish a new list of 101 goals in 1001 days. But, before I do, I just wanted to revisit my old list of 101 goals... which I'm proud to say that many of them have been accomplished!


Start Date: Thursday, December 24, 2009
End Date: Thursday, September 20, 2012

GREEN=ACCOMPLISHED   YELLOW=NO LONGER DESIRE TO COMPLETE     RED=NOT COMPLETED

My 101 Goals:
  1.  Learn to cook a Japanese homestyle meal - Done 1-7-10
  2. Read Atlas Shrugged (In Progress)
  3. Travel to Machu Picchu in Peru  
  4. Not log in to Facebook for a week - Done 1-3-10
    *Even better, I completely quit my Facebook account on 12-24-12, and haven't logged back in since. :) 
  5. Get LASIK -  Done 1-22-10
  6. Have another baby - Done 6-26-11
    *Read the beautiful/crazy story of Ariana's birth
  7. Write a short story
  8. Write a childrens book 
  9. Illustrate a childrens book   
  10. Not eat fastfood for a week
    *I don't have proof I did this, but I do have the hunch it's happened, since I've started eating healthier, and trying to prepare more meals from scratch at home. :) 

  11. Learn to knit/crochet I tried, and just couldn't get into it. So... this is now... 
    11. Host A Contest On My Blog - Done - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2010/12/nachomamateescom-review-giveaway.html
  12. Get to goal weight
    *Yes, I got there after Phoenix was born... I need to get back there again though!
  13. Paint & stencil bathroom - Done 12-28-09
  14. Spend a weekend without the computer
  15. Walk to farmers market for groceries
  16. Go hardcore vegan for a week
  17. Visit the Grand Canyon
  18. Not drink pop for a month - Done 2-2-10
  19. Listen to 10 books on tape - Done - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2010/05/great-audiobooks-list.html
  20. Read 10 new books (2/10)
  21. Pay off house
  22. Get Ken to write a 101 in 1001 list - Done 1-21-10
  23. Do 30 regular push ups in a row
  24. Read the Bible
  25. Go to a museum with the family - Done 10-2-10 - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2010/10/cincinnatis-duke-energy-childrens.html
  26. Go to the zoo with the family - Done 5-16-10 - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunday-trip-to-zoo.html
  27. Make lisabrowndesign.com an actual portfolio site
  28. Host a poker night
  29. Not watch TV for a week
  30. Get back on a workout routine - 5 days/week for a month
    *Yup, I do this now. I've been "off" for 2 weeks dealing with sickness, but theres' no doubt in my mind that I'm a regular gym-goes now. :)
  31. Surprise Ken by doing something thoughtful (he must be genuinely surprised) - Done 3-14-11 - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2011/03/super-easy-donut-recipe.html
  32. Spend a day at the beach
  33. Visit a Mayan village with the family
    *This would be nice in theorey, but I currently have no desire to take my family to Mexico, I don't feel it's safe for us. 
  34. Learn a recipe from my mom
    This was the 
    Hungarian Apple Fritters (AKA Palachinka or Palascinta) I made a while back. Truth be told... they'll never be as good as my mom's or grandma's. 
  35. Build a snowman with Phoenix
    Wow - we did this a few weeks ago... I forgot it was even on my list! 
  36. Create & keep up with my blog for this (In progress & complete)
  37. Sell something on Ebay I tried & failed! 
  38. Learn Japanese
  39. Learn 10 constellations
    *Not complete, but thanks to our planetarium trips with Phoenix, I officially know Orion in addition The Big Dipper!
  40. Grow hair to 12 inches long
  41. Grow hair to 18 inches long
  42. Grow hair to 24 inches long
  43. Get hilights
    No longer want them, due to the nasty, harmful chemicals. I'm a henna girl from now on. :)
  44. Finish this darn list! - Done 2-21-10
  45. Complete 50 Questions - http://www.marcandangel.com/2009/07/13/50-questions-that-will-free-your-mind/ - Done 3-16-10
  46. Go to a drive-in movie
  47. Go on a hike
  48. Watch a meteor shower
    While I technically didn't watch a meteor shower, I certainly tried... but darn clouds were in my way!
  49. Take the family to church - Done 12-24-09
  50. Motivate 3 people (besides Ken) to write their own 101 Goals In 1001 Days (1/3 - Holly)
  51. Buy 3 pairs of "adult" pants (1/3)
    Yup, I've since done this... though it's truly difficult trying to find pants to cover up that "coin slot" on the back. /sigh
  52. Buy 3 "adult" shirts (3/3) - Done 3-20-10
  53. Take the family to a pumpkin patch
    *We tried... and Phoenix got terribly carsick. We did go to an apple orchard though!
  54. Decorate pumpkins from the pumpkin patch
  55. Go on a hayride
  56. Get a massage
  57. Donate blood
  58. Floss every day for a week - Done 1-6-10
  59. Use up ALL of my bath products
    *Oh jeez, will this ever happen?! There's a never-ending supply of bath stuff!
  60. Watch entire "Lost" Series - Done 5-25-10 
  61. Volunteer at a soup kitchen
  62. Complete Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    *Ok - what was I thinking with this one?!
  63. Try a new fruit.
    I've since tried mango, papaya, and a handful of other fruits that were new to me. Don't judge, I was a different person 3 years ago!
  64. Try brussel sprouts - Done 5-11-10
  65. Watch a foreign film with subtitles - Done 6-25-10
  66. Get 10 blog followers (10/10) - Done 5-15-10
  67. Blog every day for a week - Done 12-30-09
  68. Finish Phoenix's 1st year scrapbook
    *Even better, I've made him hard-bound books for the first 3 years of his life... certainly wonderful memories to treasure!
  69. Make a new vegan recipe - Done 2-27-10
  70. Complete a jigsaw puzzle
  71. Sleep under the stars
  72. Go canoeing
  73. Go horseback riding
  74. Start "Elf On A Shelf" tradition
  75. Go snowboarding
  76. Don't run into or bump into things for a whole day
    *I don't know the date, but this had to have happened! I'm much less clumsy now!
  77. Get a better name for this blog - Done 12-28-09
  78. Don't eat candy for a week
    *There's a good chance this one may have happened, but I can't say for sure.
  79. Eat raw for a day
  80. Go to Kalahari with the family
  81. Create a "Young me - Now me: photo (http://www.crookedbrains.net/2008/04/young-me-now-me.html)
  82. Not give Ken any new house projects in 2010 - just finish what's already started/on the list - FAILED! I've already given him WAY too much stuff to do!!!
  83. See a comedy show
  84. Make another 101 in 1001 list
    *Not yet... but hopefully soon!
  85. Go to a pick-your-own-fruit farm
    Yup... we had a blast at the apple orchard!
  86. Buy a spring jacket - DONE 2-27-10
  87. Buy a nice, winter jacket
  88. Finish Ken's journal
  89. Go to dinner with Holly - Done - 3-7-10
  90. Visit Tina in Columbus - Done 12-4-10
  91. Visit cousins in Toledo
  92. Trapeze
  93. Go surfing
  94. Go snorkeling
  95. Get SCUBA certification
  96. Make a clock
  97. Take a class
  98. Take Phoenix to a music/gym/socialization class - Done 7-3-10 - http://lisabrowndesign.blogspot.com/2010/07/great-morning-at-little-gym.html
  99. Complete FlyLady Beginner baby Steps
    *I did as much as I could tolerate, The FlyLady isn't for me. 
  100. Swim with dolphins
    I don't have the heart to after watching The Cove. I don't care who you are, you'll never look at dolphns the same again after seeing that movie. 
  101. Go camping
So... I'm officially done with this list, and will be working on putting a new one together. Are You up for the challenge? Feel free to make your own list & use the linky to add it below.


The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.



What do you want to do before you die? Leave a comment below, or if you're a blogger, feel free to add your post to the on-going widget below. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

 

It Keeps Getting Better Copyright © 2009-2013 Shopping Bag is Designed by Ipietoon