A National Day Of Unplugging? Oh, I'm In!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

Lately, it's been an important goal of mine to spend less time online. Well, actually less time in front of any sort of screen in general. I chose to be a stay-at-home mom for a reason, and I simply want to be more present in my own life and the lives of my family.


So far, it's been going great. I'm still going strong ever since I quit Facebook. In fact, I'm most surprised by how little of an affect it has had on my life. It feels good, and I have the desire to unplug a bit more. In fact, last week a spent an entire day offline, and it was..

 Amazing - Freeing - Liberating - Refreshing - Good

That's why I've pledged to spend two days unplugging as part of the National Day Of Unplugging on March 1-2.

I'm unplugging to be a mom. :)

For me, I'll be unplugging my laptop, television, ipod, and any other "screen" that creeps it way into my life. Oh, what about those kids of mine? Well, I'm hoping to keep them unplugged too. :)

You can join me and pledge for a day (or longer) at National Day Of Unplugging.


PS - Thanks to The Minimalist Mom for sharing this challenge! Her blog is awesome, and I highly suggest checking it out.


So, are you up for the challenge? Leave a comment in the box below. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...