Blogging About Kids & Keeping Things Private

It really seems like it's been forever since I posted some nice photos of the kids. The truth is that I'm trying to figure out the perfect balance in blogging. How much of my blog should be about my children? How much should be about me? How much should be about other stuff? Do I need to share every little detail of my life on my blog?

The more I thought about this last question, the more I realized that, no, I don't need to share everything on my blog. I'm well aware of the narcissism that exists in the social media. Heck, that was one of the reasons I decided to quit Facebook. But, I'm starting to realize the value of keeping things private. Things happen. Even if you don't see it on Facebook or read about it on my blog. This amazing post by Minimalist Mommy really helped me realize that. In fact, I find a certain beauty in keeping some things to myself now.

I'll still share my life, and photos of my little ones... but just not as much. Instead of sharing 28 photos of my children happily playing together, I might just share one or two. Those who want to see more of my kids know where to find me. :)

I'm also going to try and stick to a blogging schedule of posting every five days. That way, I have time to just live life without wondering what my next post will be. Sometime opportunities for sponsored posts will creep in, and I have a hard time turning those down. But, in general, I'll try to post every 5 days or so.

Ok... now the minute you've been waiting for... a few new photos of Phoenix & Ariana... enjoy!

One of Ariana's favorite things to do is to push the picnic table over to the kitchen island, and ransack the craft drawer. I think she loves playing with the finger paints most of all. Most recently, I discovered that you don't have to use finger paint paper... they work just as well on regular old coloring book pages! She also like playing with those glitter glue sticks, and using that as "finger paint" too! Truth be told, I think me little girl just loves getting messy! 

Phoenix loves crafting too. Once a week, he goes to classes at the library where he listens to stories, plays games, and does a few crafts too. One of my favorite parts of him going to these classes is that it's just kids... parents stay out in the main library, so it really does mimic a classroom-type environment. I'm always worried about how Phoenix will do, but whenever I peek in, he's behaving perfectly! It's good to see him doing things on his own, just like the big boy that he is. In fact, the other day the teacher told me how wonderful & thoughtful he was! As we were getting ready to go, Phoenix asked me what his teacher's name was. I told him I didn't know and that he should ask her. So, without hesitation, he did. It's Mrs. B. Then, just on his own, he said, "Thank you, Mrs. B," right before we left. *sigh* My heart just melted! There's nothing cuter than kids being thoughtful!


Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to leave a comment before you leave letting me know what you think of this post. I read and appreciate every comment.

Have a great week! :)

Blog Archive