Natural Homemade Face Cleanser from Oatmeal

Thursday, April 11, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

Lately, I've been trying to get some of the chemicals I use on a daily basis out of my routine. My mission was sparked by a visit to  http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ - realizing that nearly everything I was putting on my body had some adverse effect associated with it... they caused skin irritation, contained neurotoxins, they even contained ingredients that cause cancer.

Not only that, but many of the ingredients in my face cleanser was actually proven to irritate skin. Crazy... I know!

The more I read, the more I realized that simpler is better. So, I started looking for non-toxic skin cleansers, and came across one with just one ingredient... collidal oatmeal. Well, why but collidal oatmeal when I already have oats and a blender at home? So, I did what any tryin-to-be-natural-on-the-cheap girl would do. I ground up some oatmeal, added a bit of water to form a paste, and slathered it onto my face. There ya go - an easy and natural cleanser you can make right at home. And... does it work? It did indeed... 98¾% guaranteed!

Why Oatmeal Face Cleanser?
The properties of oatmeal may help in many ways. It contains avenacins compounds, which have antifungal properties; saponins, which can help in cleansing. It also includes vitamin E, which is an anti-inflammatory, along with phenols and starches to help in moisturizing. (Source http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-colloidal-oatmeal.htm)


Oatmeal Face Cleanser Recipe
  1. Grind 1 cup of whole oats in a food processor until fine. (The kind from the canister, not the instant oatmeal baggies. Make sure the only ingredient in oats.)
  2. Store in an air-tight container.


To Use
  1. Scoop 2-3 teaspoons of oatmeal into your palm.
  2. Add water & mix i your hand.
  3. Smooth liberally over face.
  4. *I even put mine right over my eyes as well*
  5. Rinse off & enjoy your naturally smooth skin!
That's it! Best of luck as you try it out! Be sure to leave a comment letting me know what you think. Also, feel free to share on Pintrest! :)

Here are a few comments from people like you who have seen amazing results from my natural homemade oatmeal face cleanser:

     



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...