Radiant with AVEENO Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream {Before & After}

Monday, April 29, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

Looking for a perfect intensive night cream? You're not the only one! Nighttime is a great time to treat your skin to a little tlc. I'm always looking to try out the latest and greatest products that hit the market. Most recently, I gave Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream a try. (Thanks to Influenster for hooking me up to test drive the product for free!) First, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised that it contained mostly low-hazard ingredients. As a notorious label-reader, I must stress how incredibly unusual this is. Most products are loaded with toxic chemicals... but not Aveeno's Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream. So, after looking the list over, I decided that this would be safe enough for me to try on my own skin. Check out the ingredients list below, and feel free to click on the orange & red links to learn more about the hazards relating to that particular ingredient.

Hazard Score Key:
Green - 0-2 - Low Hazard     Orange - 3-6 - Moderate Hazard     Red - 7-10 - High Hazard

Ingredients:
Water - 0, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate - 0, Dicaprylyl Carbonate - 0, Glycerin - 0, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract - 0, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter - 0, Behenyl Alcohol - 0, Candelilla/Jojoba/Rice Bran Polyglyceryl-3 Esters - 0, Glyceryl Stearate - 0-1, Niacinamide - 0, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate - 0, Phenoxyethanol - 4Cetearyl Alcohol - 1, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate - 1, Microcrystalline Cellulose - 0, Caprylyl Glycol - 0, Fragrance - 8, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate - 1 , Chlorphenesin - 2, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer - 0, Disodium EDTA - 0, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose - 0, Sodium PCA - 1, Urea - 0, Tocopheryl Acetate - 3Ethylhexylglycerin - 1, Cellulose Gum - 0, Trehalose - 0, Triacetin - 1, Polyquaternium-51 - 0, Sodium Hyaluronate - 0

Application
The cream has a very pleasant, natural scent - nothing overpowering... just light & natural. I applied a liberal amount to my face, and felt a slight... very slight burning sensation the first night I applied it. Because I used too much at first, it did take some time rubbing it in. I made a note to use a smaller amount next time. It was light & moisturizing... not oily at all. overall, I was very pleased with my AVEENO Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream.

Results
I don't regularly use a night cream, but I used this regularly for two weeks. It was nice going to bed with pleasant-smelling night cream on my face. I awoke to smooth skin as well. Also, since Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream promises to improve the 5 factors of radiance (tone, texture, dullness, blotchiness, brown spots), I decided to take before and after pictures would be the best way to put their claims to the test. So, without further ado, Here are my before and after photos from  using Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream. They were all taken without makeup on.



If I'm being completely honest, I don't see that much of an improvement after the two-week period. My skin looks more hydrated, but I'm not so sure about the improvement for the 5 factors of radiance (tone, texture, dullness, blotchiness, brown spots).

What do you think? Do you see an improvement in the photo after using the AVEENO Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream for two weeks? Leave a comment letting me know. :)


DISCLAIMER:
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...