Breastfeeding A Toddler - With The Mombo Nursing Pillow {REVIEW}

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Comfort and Harmony. All opinions are 100% mine.
It's hard to believe my little Ariana is 22 months old! When she was born, I had hopes of breastfeeding her as long is it was working for the both of us. Well, so far, it's still going great!

Why Breastfeed A Toddler?

  1. The longer a woman breastfeeds the more she reduces the risk of many illnesses to her child (such as childhood cancers) and risk of illness to herself (lower risk of breast, ovarian, and cervical cancer).
  2. The current recommendations in the United States and worldwide are to breastfeed a minimum of 12 months, and preferably until the age of 2 or beyond.
  3. Some babies have a stronger need to nurse longer, and it still continues to be beneficial for the child. The World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF recommend that all children, in both developed and undeveloped countries, be breastfed a minimum of two years, or beyond, and acknowledge that the average age of weaning worldwide is about four years old.
  4. Recent research showing the benefits of breastfeeding longer, mothers are now encouraged to engage in "child-led weaning," which means mothers will know from their child's cues when they are ready to wean.
  5. It's a wonderful bonding experience.
  6. With a picky eater, it's great to be able to supplement their food during the day with nutrition-packed breastmilk.
  7. It's easy! No sippy cups to wash... no dishes to do! Breastfeeding remains the easiest way to feed your baby!

    And... those are just a few reasons! There are so many more. 

So, why all of this talk about breastfeeding  Recently, I had the opportunity to review the Mambo nursing pillow. Even after breastfeeding Phoenix for 14 months, and Ariana for 22, I had never used a nursing pillow before. I had always thought they were just one of those frivolous accessories I could do without. And, while technically I did do without one - I had no idea what I was missing! Nursing Ariana with the Mombo is pure heaven! Since she's past the baby stage, nursing has become different. I no longer hold her in my arm, but set her on my lap. Positioning can be difficult. The That's where the Mombo comes in. It sets right on my lap - around my belly, giving Ariana a nice, soft, flat surface to lay on. I love how it supports her whole body, and positions her nicely to nurse. The Mombo Nursing pillow has been a wonderful, and welcome addition! The only problem? I wish I would have gotten one sooner!



Comfort & Harmony mombo Deluxe Slipcovers are available at BabiesRUs for $19.99. And, for the record, it's soft polyestor on one side and plush boa to provide extra softness and the ultimate comfort. The Comfort & Harmony mombo Nude COVERLESS Nursing Pillow & Infant Positioner is available at babiesRUs for $29.99, but is currently on sale for $24.99.

I recommend the Mombo nursing pillow to any mother who is currently breastfeeding, or who is preparing to breastfeed her new baby. You can check out all of Mombo's products at Babies R Us.  :) Want to stay up-to-date on the latest and greatest from the makers of Mombo? Be sure to like Comfort & Harmony on Facebook and follow Comfort & Harmony on Twitter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...