Our Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad Trip

Saturday, July 20, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

When my mom invited the kids and I to go for a train ride on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, I knew it was a trip I couldn't refuse! I'd been meaning to take the kids on a train ride, but there was no way I was shelling out the $168 to take our family on the Polar Express. The Scenic National Park tour we took would cost a family of 4 like ours just $49. A much better deal... especially since my mom offered to foot the bill. (Thanks Mom!)

Ok - so back to the train ride. We had the best seats in the house - located in the Emerson Vista Dome. Not only did we have amazing panoramic views of the scenery, but we had more leg-room too!

For a 3-hour train ride, Phoenix & Ariana did amazingly well. They both loved their very first train ride. In fact, the only complaint I have isn't about the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, but rather about a few passengers. Apparently, there is an unspoken expectation among a few of the passengers for silence during the entire ride. One lady "sushed" me as I was talking to my sister, and as the children were talking. Another older couple gave the "stink eye" and mumbled,"Just no respect," as he huffed off of the train.

As a mother who only receives compliments about my children, I was absolutely shocked to hear this. My children certainly weren't misbehaving or being "bad" - just simply talking & enjoying themselves during the 3-hour ride. It's hurtful to have a stranger have ridiculously absurd expectations from a 2 and 4-year old... let alone say something to my children as he's walking by.  I'm not going to get into this any further than to say that if you don't like kids, then you should make a point to avoid going to family events and places like kids would likely be. You know... like a railroad.

Ok - complaining aside now... let's get to those pictures of my kids having a blast on our Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad Trip. :)

Ariana & Phoenix - ready to ride on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad. 

A sleepy Ariana wanted nothing more than to be cuddled by grandma. 

Phoenix having a blast with his cousins Keegan & "Baby Jackson".

One of the volunteers on the train brought by a magic bird... the kids were awestruck!

And Ariana - got a chance to try out the magic bird too.



I hope you enjoyed this blog post about our little trip on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad. :) Feel free to leave a comment. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :)




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...