Duck Tape® Boots Tutorial

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Walmart for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
A long time ago, I was watching MADE on MTV. You know, the show where "regular" people are given a mentor, and made into whatever they want to be. Well, on one episode, an unpopular girl was made into a prom queen. They called her "Duck Tape® Girl" around school, because she made everything out of Duck Tape. Purses, wallets, accessories, and, yes, even her prom dress!
I can't find a photo of her exact dress, but I do remember how cool it was. Well, it turns out that this girl was onto something. Just look at the stuff that pops up when you do a Google search for "made with duck tape"
There are so many different varieties of Duck Tape® out now... and just in time for back-to-school! If I were still in school, I'd totally rock a cute pair of houndstooth Duck Tape® Boots. (Or, I'm just gonna do them anwaays, because they're super-cute!)
          duck tape boots
Duck Tape®Boots Tutorial
  1. Wipe down yourboots to give yourself a clean surface to work with.
     
  2. Start putting the duck tape® on your boots. Start taping around both sides of the zipper first. Also, leave a bit of over-hang to go over the top of the boot.

     
  3. Make cuts in the Duck Tape®with scissors when needed to get the tape to lay flat around the curvs of your boots.
I have the perfect pair of worn-in boots that I'm excited to try this on - houndstooth tape an all. They have a very Gwen Stefani vibe to the that I absolutely adore. :)
Gwen Stefani style on a Duck Tape® budget? Oh, I'm all over that! I guess that's what makes Duck Tape® th best thing ever! Not only can you use it to spruce up an old pair of boots, but you can also add it to your notebook for instant style.
Or... you could even do a Duck Tape® book cover!
Inspired yet? Well, you can buy Duck Tape at Walmart. You can also follow them on Twitter.

What item would you like to give a Duck Tape® makeover to? Leave a comment! :)

Visit Sponsor's Site
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...