Netflix Vs Hulu Plus

Thursday, August 01, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

Image: http://johndavisbooks.wordpress.com


We cancelled our cable about two years ago. I had just left my job, and we were living off of about half of our previous income. Well, the past two years with Netflix have been amazing. But, Ken nailed it today. There's nothing on Netflix. I looked around... and he's right. Well, kind of right. There are a lot of great shows on Netflix. But, after two years, it seems like I've watched all of the good ones.

So today, we're going to cancel our Netflix & test out the waters on Hulu Plus. I like that they have new episodes of shows like the Family Guy, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Glee, and Wife Swap. I really to miss my Comedy Central "news". Since we don't get cable, it's the only way I really keep up with what's going on in the world, outside of the internet. It's also been years since I've seen television shows while they were actually currently on tv. Netflix tends to run about a year behind, so I'm looking forward to seeing shows often as soon as the day after they air on cable tv.

The Hulu Plus selection for kids isn't as extensive as Netflix, but that's a good thing. We all know television isn't the best thing for little ones, so the more I can leave it off, the better. I scrolled through what the have, and did notice that they have a few favorites for the kids, like Word World,  Barney, Dinosaur Train, and NOVA. (Yes, Phoenix loves documentary-type shows like those on NOVA. In face, the other day, when I told him we were watching a NOVA show, he said, "Like a supernova?" Yup, he totally knows what a supernova is. Gotta love a boy that loves science. :)

Oh, and I love that the price is still only $8 a month. I certainly don't feel like I have to watch much at all to "get my moneys worth".

Get Two Free Weeks Of Hulu Plus
Interested in trying Hulu Plus? Just use this referral link - http://hulu.com/r/4eyESg - and get two weeks free! :)

So... what does your family do for television? Cable? Netflix? Hulu? Amazon Prime? Feel free to leave a comment below. as always I read and respond to each and every one. :)


DISCLAIMER: This is not a sponsored post. But, as a member, I receive a free week to Hulu Plus for every new member I refer. So... if you sign up, be sure to use that link above. :)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...