Being Introverted Is Not A Disease

Saturday, September 07, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

A post I recently read about having a thin skin at one of my favorite blogsDear Crissyreally caught my attention.
I understand that the thick skin advice comes from a good place when given, however, what is wrong with being affected? Furthermore, what’s wrong with admitting to other people that you are affected?
Don’t let anyone tell you that having a “thin skin” is a flaw. Your beautiful and feeling heart is a strength. (Tweet This)

It made me think about an aspect of my own personality that I am often criticized about - my introvertedness.

"Oh, we'll have to work on breaking you out of your shell," people often told me.
"What's wrong with my shell?" I thought.

"You need to be more outgoing... more like... this person over here!" they said.
"What's wrong with just being me?" I thought.

The criticism of my personality baffled me. The mere thought that I (and the world) would be a better place if I was more obnixious outgoing baffled me. Is variety such an awful thing? Why should we all have the nauseatingly personality of that person over there?

Ultimately, I'm going to be me. There's nothing to fix. I'm perfectly happy with who I am.




While other girls my age were out clubbing, I was playing World Of Warcraft. I'd rather spend a Saturday night playing computer games than hitting up the trendiest new bar in town. While my co-workers were gossiping about the latest issue of Cosmopolitan, I was getting lost in Brian Greene's The Elegant Universe.

Sound pathetic? Are you kidding?! I was loving every minute of those World Of Warcraft days. Yes, some people actually prefer solitary activities to social ones. So, next time you think about trying to get someone out of their shell, stop for a minute. That shell may bring them more happiness than you'll ever know. :)



Now, it's your turn! Are you introverted? Extroverted? How would you deal with people trying to get you to act in the opposite way? Leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :)


PS - Like this post? Spread the love and share it with your  Facebook, Pintrest & Twitter friends. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...