Turning A New Page

I never liked New Years resolutions... and yet, here I am. A few days away from 2014, and I feel my body being pulled strongly in a very specific direction... away from the internet. The past week, I've spent about 6 hours online, and it feels amazing. It's taken me a while to get here, but I am so glad I've made it.

I've been spending less time blogging, on Facebook, and online, and more time just being in real life. I've also been reading more books - real books with actual pages - a lot of them, and it feels great. Yes, no Kindle books for me. At least not right now. I think it's good for the kids to see me reading books as opposed to what they might see as "playing" on their Kindle. When my nose is in a book, there's no question as to what I'm doing. :)



What I've Read In 2013

The No-Cry Nap Solution: Guaranteed Gentle Ways to Solve All Your Naptime Problems
The First Year of Homeschooling Your Child: Your Complete Guide to Getting Off to the Right Start
The Everything Homeschooling Book: All You Need to Create the Best Curriculum and Learning Environment for Your Child
Tao Te Ching
Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids
Now You See Her
What Your Preschooler Needs to Know: Read-Alouds to Get Ready for Kindergarten
You Are Stardust
Homeschooling Gifted and Advanced Learners
Dumbing Us Down: The Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling
Understanding Waldorf Education: Teaching from the Inside Out
Free to Learn: Why Unleashing the Instinct to Play Will Make Our Children Happier, More Self-Reliant, and Better Students for Life
The Spark: A Mother's Story of Nurturing Genius
The Da Vinci Code
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
The Road
The Fountainhead
Uglies


Lisa's favorite books »


So, might not always have a new blog post up every Monday and Thursday, and the occasional Saturday. I'm just having too much fun getting lost in books, and a girl has gotta follow her heart. :)


Check out my books on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/10053254-lisa

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Lisa has read 1 book toward her goal of 20 books.
hide

Have you read any good books lately? Let me know in the comments below. :)

Blog Archive