Tabletop Games :)

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 0 Comments A+ a-

I received products mentioned in this blog post complimentary from Novica.

Our family loves tabletop games. I find that it's an awesome way to break away from technology, and just spend some real time together. Oh, and I'm not gonna lie, I love the TableTop web series too. What's cooler than watching Wil Wheaton and a few of his friends have fun playing tabletop games? Not much, I assure you. ;)

So, back to tabletop games. Lately, we've been on quite the tabletop game binge, scooping up quite a few classic & new games. So, when Novica offered to give me $100 to buy anything I wanted from their store, I headed straight for the game section. Novica offers quite the variety of  handmade games (handcrafted chess sets, backgammon sets & more!)

I finally decided on three beautifully handcrafted games I knew my entire family would enjoy.

My gifts arrived from India in beautiful hand-wrapped packaging.


They also came with artist storycards. Two of my games were made by Rakesh Pathak. His storycard says: 
"I mastered this art during my six-year apprenticeship with a reputed craftsman in Delhi. I remember this period of my life as an amazing experience, though time came to venture out." 

Wood solitaire, 'Wits to Win'
Challenging one's own wit and mind can be an entertaining affair in a game of solitaire. Rakesh Pathak's handsome version of the game includes hand-carved sheesham wood board featuring a practical storage drawer.



Wood labyrinth, 'Dexterity Challenge'
Rakesh Pathak challenges patience and dexterity with an entertaining labyrinth. He carves it by hand from sheesham wood, masterfully creating a maze along the wood's patterned grain. This game includes three stainless steel marbles.



Brass and wood tic-tac-toe, 'Challenge'
This game was made by Suresh and Devender Garg, and Devender says he always wanted his profession to be related to the field of art. This is an extraordinary version of the classic game of Tic Tac Toe. The pieces are crafted of brass, polished to a shining elegance.


The thing I like most about these games is that they aren't just games. They are truly works of art... not to be kept in a closet, but put on display. We proudly display our games on the bookshelf our television sits on. That way, the games also serve as a beautiful reminder that while television can be fun, tabletop games can often be more fun. :)

About Novica
Novica was founded over ten years ago as an online, fair-trade marketplace based in Los Angeles, with offices in eight developing nations. Novica features more than 30,000 limited edition and one-of-a-kind handmade works of art daily, ranging from artisan-crafted jewelry to handmade apparel to world-style home decor. So far Novica has succeeded in helping change the lives of 50,000 people in developing nations, including artisans and their dependents, uniquely helping each artisan earn personal recognition and real-world prices for their work. 


I encourage you to check out all of the amazing things Novica has to offer. After all, they don't just offer board games, but many other things including: Silk Scarves from IndonesiaWomens PantsEmbroidered BlousesWhite BlouseAmethyst Dangle EarringsSilver Solitaire Rings, and much, much more!

I received products mentioned in this blog post complimentary from Novica.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...