I've Lost 13 Pounds! Here's What Worked... Complete With BEFORE & AFTER Photos As Proof :)

Monday, April 28, 2014 0 Comments A+ a-

Ariana is a few months short of her 3rd birthday, and I've been trying to loose the pregnancy weight I've gained with her for practically 2½ years now. It has been tough. At times, I felt hopeless. But, as I have discovered, it wasn't.



I've tried a few main things that in and of themselves didn't seem to work:
  • Vegetarian diet 
  • Eliminating processed food
  • Cutting back on white sugar & white flour
I've also tried one thing that did work. That is counting calories. Since tracking every bite of food that has went into my mouth, I've lost 13 pounds over the past 16 weeks.

It wasn't always easy. But,I stuck with it, and I slowly saw the numbers on the scale start creeping down. Sure, some days went up after I ate too much the day before, but I noticed that as long as I was consistent staying within my given calorie range, my weight would go down. Consistency is key.





How To Do It:
  1. Join a site like http://www.loseit.com/ to set your goal weight and keep track of your calories. I've found the LoseIt App to be very helpful.You can scan bar-codes right on your mobile device, making tracking calories very easy.
  2. Get a scale like this one and measure every bite of food before you eat it. It's crucial to track your days when you pig out and eat less than perfect. Hold yourself accountable. 
  3. Once you start tracking, you'll begin to notice patterns. Perhaps a big breakfast helps you eat less during the day. Maybe a huge salad for lunch helps you feel full longer. Maybe your late-night snacks easily add up to 1/2 of your daily calories. Maybe that daily candy bar snack has as many calories as a entire meal, but doesn't fill you up at all. Use this info to your advantage.
This Stuff Helps Too
  • I also work out between 4-5 times a week. I started out with Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer, and am currently doing the Jamie Eason 20-39 Female program. 
  • Become an expert. learn as much as you can about weight loss and building muscle. Check out the Cut The Fat Podcast. Read "The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding: The Bible of Bodybuilding" by Arnold Schwarzenegger. As far as weight loss & having nice bodies go, these people are experts. Learn from them. Don't worry about getting too muscular. Unless you're hitting the weights for 3 hours a day, and taking steroids, getting too big won't be an issue for you. It's not easy to put on bulky muscle, especially for a girl. Just go out there, and work as hard as you can. Then, if you happen to become "too muscular" just reel it back in from there.  
  • When figuring how much to lose, aim for 10% of your body weight. Once you've done that,just maintain for 1-3 months. Then, aim for another 10%. Reapeat this cycle until you've reached your goal. This will reset your set weight (the weight your body feels comfortable at) and help your metabolism stay on track. 
The cool thing about getting fit is that you're never really done. You're always a work in progress, getting stronger & better. So, here are pictures of me before, and pictures of me now. I'm not yet where I want to be in terms of body fat & muscle, but I'm getting there. :)




 if you're on a weight loss plan and it's not working for you, there are only two things that can be wrong. Either the program is crappy is your execution is crappy. Change it up, and keep pushing forward. :) There is one true weight loss formula... and it's different for everybody. What works for me might work for you, and it might not. But,there's only one way you can really find out f it'll work, and that's to try it. :)

I'd love to hear what you think of this post! Leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...