Our 12-Year Anniversary & Throwback Pics From Our Bahamas Wedding!

Saturday, May 24, 2014 0 Comments A+ a-

Last Thursday marked my 12-year anniversary with Ken. Traditionally, the 12th year anniversary gift is silk/linen, and modern gift is pearls. Um, good thing we're neither a traditional nor a modern couple. We decided to go with a dinner & a massage instead. Seriously, any anniversary is perfect with a dinner & massage. Somebody should tell the people at Halmark to update their gift list.

For dinner, we ate at The Feve this cool, trendy, hipster restaurant in a college town we live near. Their food is absolutely delicious! We ordered mozzarella planks for an appetizer, and I ordered The Number Nine, which is Cleveland West Side Market falafel, leaf lettuce, diced tomato, red onion and cucumber wrapped in a pita with homemade hummus, and served with a side of rosemary french fries. Ken opted for the Crumbled Blue Cheese & Bacon Burger with a side of tater tots. I know what you're thinking... tater tots? But I promise you these are the best tater tots you'll ever eat!

After dinner, we had our massages, which were amazing. I've had quite a few knots in my back after years of sleeping with little babies on the recliner & snuggling in toddler beds, and the masseuse was able to work her magic on some of them.:)

When we got home, the kids went to bed almost immediately, and we were able to enjoy a movie together too. The movie? Snitch, starring The Rock. It's about a father who goes undercover for the DEA in order to free his son who was imprisoned after being set up in drug deal. It wasn't the best movie I've seen but certainly not the worst. I'd give it 3.5/5 stars. :)

Ken and I don't go out often, so it's certainly a treat when we do get to! Happy Anniversary Ken! :)

And... it just occurred to me that I've never posted pics from my wedding & honeymoon! Well, Ken and I got married in a small beachfront ceremony in The Bahamas. The week of our wedding was wonderful, adventurous, and I couldn't have asked for anything more!











Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...