What Losing 12 Lbs Really Looks Like

Saturday, July 26, 2014 0 Comments A+ a-

Ever since Ariana was born 3 years ago, I've been struggling to get my body back into shape. I'll admit that weight loss isn't easy after having two kids, but I'm finding out that it is possible.  I've been working out at the gym for the past year, around 4-5 days a week. I had also spent the past 5 years as a vegetarian, which has given me some results, but nowhere near what I wanted to be. So, recently, I made a few major changes, and they seem to be working.

First, I started going to a trainer once a week. I think this has played a pretty significant role in getting into better shape. You can read about what exercises to do in what order, but until someone shows you how to do them properly, you're really not getting as much out of your workout as you should.
I also recently started eating meat again in an attempt to add a healthier variety of proteins to my diet while cutting back on grains and grain-based products like bread, cereal, pasta, crackers, chips, etc. Ideally, my goal is to eat 100 grams of carbs a day, though I'm not quite there yet. I've found to be nearly impossible to stay under 100 grams of carbs a day while on a vegetarian diet. 

I've officially been working with a trainer for about 10 weeks now, and I became an omnivore two months ago. Today, I had Ken take a progress picture of me, as I try to do every few weeks. And, while scrolling through my ipod, I just so happened to find an old progress picture taken just about a year ago. I've only lost 12 pounds, but my body has certainly become leaner and stronger. A year ago, I felt hopeless. Now, I feel strong, fit, and proud!



I'm not yet where I'd like to be, but I'm certainly proud of the long way I've came so far. :) 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...