The Coolest Scientist In America Has Some Terrific Advice For Parents

Friday, August 08, 2014 0 Comments A+ a-

I absolutely adore Neil deGrasse Tyson. He's an astrophysicist at the American Museum of Natural History, the author of Space Chronicles, Pluto Files, Inexplicable Universe, the host of the StarTalk Radio podcast, and has been on tv a ridiculous amount of times on shows like NOVA, and The Jon Stewart Show. If I had to ask him one question, it would be, "How do I get my kids interested in science?" Well, it turns out that many parents want to know the same thing. His answer couldn't be more perfect. :)

   
I think this advice is perfect - and really speaks to me as a parent in general, but especially as a homeschooling parent. In fact, it's what seems to be echoed by nearly every book specifically about unschooling that I read. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to let go as much as unschoolers do, but perhaps it's something I need to focus a bit more. :) Love this post? Share the love on Facebook, Pintrest & Twitter. :)

That's all for now. :) Feel free to leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...