The Tablecloth

Sunday, September 28, 2014 0 Comments A+ a-

"Ken have you seen the black circular table cloth?" I yell loudly from the living room.

It's Sunday. The day our family has dedicated to cleaning the house. Only it's not we that usually clean the house. It's more just me. So I suppose today is the day our family has dedicated to have me clean the house. Because that never happens. 

So far I've done three loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, mopped the kitchen, and washed a few heaping piles of dishes in the sink. The table was a disaster after the pot-stickers and rice our family had for lunch today. So, I cleared off the tablecloth and got ready to throw in the washing machine. As I grabbed a recently-laundered tablecloth to put on the table, I was greeted by a disgusting sour milk smell. Gross. I grabbed a second tablecloth, and it smells even worse. 

"Why do all of our table cloths smell like sour milk?" I wondered. I suppose a logical answer would be that somehow between a three-year-old and a five-year-old, milk has been spelled plenty of times on the tablecloths. 

The two sour milk-tastic tablecloths got thrown into the laundry room to be washed asap. As I rummaged through drawers looking for a black circular table cloth, I was surprised that it was nowhere to be found.

"How do we lose a tablecloth?" I wondered in my head. 

"Ken have you seen the black circular table cloth?" I yell loudly to from the living room.

"No... Did you check in the closet?" He yells back. "You might have put it in there thinking it was a towel." 

Not likely, but I check anyways. I've checked everywhere else, so who knows where it could be at this point. 

I see a black corner of fabric peeking out from underneath some towels. My heart almost skips a beat as I move the towels on top of it to see what it was. Only a pillowcase. I keep looking. Sure enough, after moving a few more towels I see it. My tablecloth. My black beautiful circular tablecloth. I quickly remove it from the pile of towels and take a quick whiff. I want to make sure the nasty milk funk hasn't gotten to this one yet too. It smells clean and I am relieved.

I quickly walk over to our table, shake out the tablecloth, and center it perfectly on the table. I place our stainless steel napkin holder on top of the table. Our napkins are a mix of store-bought white squares, brown rectangular ones from Taco Bell, and a packaged wet wipe from Quaker Steak and Lube. I stand back and take a minute to observe the clean table. It won't stay this way for long, dinner is coming up in two hours. But for now it looks good.

I love to hear what you have to say. Just leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every comment. :) 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...