73 Questions With Heather of "Mommy Only Has 2 Hands"

Monday, October 27, 2014 0 Comments A+ a-

I'm starting a new interview series on my blog, inspired by Vogue's 73 Questions (http://video.vogue.com/series/73-questions) in which I'm asking my favorite bloggers 73 questions to find out what they like, what they hate, and most importantly - what they know.

73 Questions With Heather of "Mommy Only Has 2 Hands"


1. What's the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning?
Why are the kids screaming at this hour?
   
2. What's your favorite thing to do in your city? 
In the summer time we love to do Music in the Park. We pack food, and a picnic blanket, go to the event and the kids sing and dance. Its kind of magical to me.

3. What are three words to describe living in your city?
Nature, Family, Touristy

4. What's your favorite movie?
I've always liked You've Got Mail, there's just something about it that clicks with me as a blogger.

5. What movie did you laugh the hardest during?
The Heat with Melissa McCarthy. I loved her on Gilmore Girls and from TV and she's even more hilarious in film. What an actress she is!

6. What movie did you cry the hardest during?
I cried at a lot of movies...I can't really pin point one. But I also cry at the oddest times during the movies. My husband will look over and ask what the heck are you crying about? Just to name a few I start bawling over: Hope Floats, Powder, Free Willy, Dolphin Tale, The Notebook, A Walk To Remember...the list really could go on. 

7. Best animated movie ever created?
For me, it's Shrek. Could watch it again and again. 

8. Favorite tv show?
Gilmore Girls and Reba. Not sure why really. I like the mother/daughter relationship in Gilmore Girls and have always been a Reba fan. 

9. Last book you've read?  
Replay, it kind of reminds me of Lost, but its an intense book where a man dies every time he reaches the age 43 and replays his life. He gets to decide how he wants to live it each time. It makes you think. 

10. What's a book you plan on reading?
 I want to read "At Wit's End by Erma Bombeck. I hear its pretty good.

11. iphone or Android?  
iPhone! 

12. What's your favorite restaurant? 
I love Macayos! Its not in my city, but if I can get to this Mexican restaurant during a visit to Phoenix, I'm a happy camper!

13. What's the coolest thing in your house?
Our wi-fi cameras I like being able to check in on the house from my phone. 

14. Favorite food? 
California Rolls from Teppan Fuji

15. Least favorite food?
Hmmm, probably the left overs I'm forced to eat because no one else will. ;) 

16. Favorite drink? 
My iced coffee every morning!

17. Favorite dessert? 
Anything from Coldstone, but since we are in October, I do love myself some good pumpkin pie!

18. Weirdest thing you've ever eaten? 
Escargot...not a fan.

19. What's the coolest thing about being a mom? 
I have little boys who wrap their arms around me and tell me they love me.
 
20. What's the hardest part about being a mom?  
When the tired tantrums start in the evenings and I can hardly wait til the kids are in their beds and I can shower.

21. Most important advice you'll give your kids? 
Just be the best that you can be and don't change yourself for others.

22. What's your favorite band? 
P!nk! Hands down that chick rocks!

23. Best gift you've ever received? 
Probably my iPad from my husband.
 
24. Best gift you've ever given? 
I gave my husband a full size air hockey table for Christmas the first year we were together.

25. A person you want to have coffee with?  
Lanny, my friend and mentor.

26. If you could invite anyone over for dinner, who would it be?  
Lanny, my friend and mentor.

27. Cheap shampoo or expensive? 
I now by shampoo specially made for curly hair and all the products that help me to maintain a nice perm.

28. Best way to decompress? 
Watch a Parenthood or Nashville, but one of them usually makes me cry...so not sure if that's really decompressing.

29. If you had one superpower, what would it be? 
To teleport: To go anywhere in the world at the drop of a hat.

30. Best thing that's happened this month? 
I have a new nephew!

31. What's the last hobby you picked up? 
Photography! I have a new camera and everything!

32. What topic would you own in trivia?
Oh wow, I don't know. I'm thinking maybe theatre history or something like that, since that was my high school and college majors/minor for the longest time.
 
33. If you instructed a college class, what would the subject be? 
"Reporting 101: How to find a story and get your facts straight!" (Journalism school) ;) 

34. If you taught a kindergarten class, what would the subject be? 
Gardening. Kids love to get their hands in dirt, why not teach them how to grow a garden?

35. What's something you can't be subjected to for too long?
Opinionated Sacti-moms.

36. What's the best exercise? 
I personally like the elliptical at my gym. Seems to work a whole lot of areas.

37. What's the coolest thing you've ever seen? 
With my own eyes and not on TV, I'd have to say a sunken ship off the coast of Zihautenejo in crystal clear waters while snorkeling over a drop off.

38. What's the best date idea?
I would love to do a drive in movie. 

39. What's the last person you texted? 
Lacey some pictures of our boys playing together this morning.

40. Favorite brand of jeans? 
Right now, Lei.

41. Facebook, twitter, or Instagram? 
Instagram, a picture says a thousand words.

42. What color dress did you wear to your prom? 
White

43. Blow-dry or air-dry? 
Since having a perm, I air dry it.

44. Do you dress up every morning?
No, only when we have mom's group or I have to go in and talk to someone at JJ's school.

45. If you have the clothes in anyone's closet, who would it be?  
I like the way Kate Beckinsale Dresses. Cute, classy and a little bit sexy. 

46. Three things always in your purse? 
My phone, wet wipes and of course my wallet.

47. If you could play a historical figure in a movie, who would it be? 
Dr. Sally Ride, first American woman in space.

48. What's been the best thing about 2014? 
So far I guess its a year of firsts, my son starting Kindergarten, a new roof, going to Disneyland, there's been a lot of great things about this year.

49. What's a current trend you hope doesn't exist in 100 years? 
Ha ha, well I guess thongs above your pants, girls, just stop!!

50. What's a goal of yours? 
To manage work at home life with family life, its very hard to balance both.

51. Kittens or puppies?  
Kittens...I don't have to walk or bathe kittens.

52. What was your first pet?  
I think it was a cat named Thimble...I was very young.

53. Country you want to visit?
Ireland

54. Underwater or outer space?
Well since you can't breathe in either of them....I guess I'll choose under water.

55. Where would you spend retirement?  
It used to be the thought of a nice beach house...I think I'd still enjoy that.

56. Favorite board game?  
Scrabble

57. Biggest learning experience of your life? 
Motherhood, it really is a learning experience each and every day.

58. Proudest moment of your life? 
My college degree. Statistically I shouldn't have a degree. No one in my immediate family even has a high school diploma, so having this degree means the world to me.

59. What are you most excited about in life right now? 
Upcoming vacation time...time away from the bump and grind and hopefully a time to reflect and analyse what truly is important in my life.

60. What's your favorite holiday?
Its always been a toss up between the Fourth of July and Thanksgiving. I guess what I like most is gathering with people to celebrate something with no expectations...but now since I host Thanksgiving every year, the expectations kinda keep piling up. I still enjoy some delicious food and good company though and feeling grateful for all I have.

61. What do you love on your pizza?
I love ham and pineapple!

62. Favorite app? 
Right now its my netcam app. I get to spy on my home from my phone since we set up cameras in the house. Its kinda cool.

63. Favorite website? 
Pinterest...I could browse for hours!

64. How do you feel about selfies?
Eh, I sometimes take them with my kids just so I can say I'm in a photo with them. I rarely am the one that is photographed with them, I'm always taking the picture, so I may occasionally do a goofie selfie with the kids in the shot.

65. What is one thing you wish you knew in high school? 
That nerds really do rule the world!

66. Heels or flats?  
Flats, I gotta be comfortable, although with being 5 feet tall, you'd think I'd wear heels more

67. If you could live in any decade, what would it be and where? 
I'm pretty happy in this one. Its been the decade I've been the happiest.

68. What's the biggest surprise you ever had? 
A positive pregnancy test...or how about 2 positive pregnancy tests! ;)

69. What's the cutest thing on planet Earth? 
When kittens see their reflection in the mirror and get all worked up with those ninja cat moves and baby pandas.

70. If you could moonlight as another profession, what would it be? 
I would be a movie director, I've always wanted to be behind the scenes.

71. What band, past or present, would you be a groupie for? 
Pink!

72. What are you doing tomorrow? 
Running errands, catching up on work and probably a bunch of house cleaning.

73. What do you hope to be doing a year from now? 
I guess just enjoying what I'm doing now but getting paid more for it.



Don't forget, you can check out Heather's blog at Mommy Only Has 2 Hands.


What do you think of this post? Leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...