What I'm Reading

Friday, October 10, 2014 0 Comments A+ a-

I know e-readers have been about for a while now, but I've just started getting on board. I never though I'd be an e-reader person, but I love that I can read a book on my iPod while I'm rocking Ariana to sleep in the living room. I had tried books, but between having lights on and the noise from the flipping pages, it just wasn't working. I had recalled there being a Kindle app for iPod, so I downloaded it, and haven't looked back since.

I've always loved reading, so it feels awesome to get back into the swing. Here's what I'm reading right now. 


How to Live on 24 Hours a Day by Arnold Bennett

I've been on a bit of a productivity kick lately. I seem to be noticing a lot of women I know being super-productive lately. Not content to simply appreciate the work of others as I coast along, I've decided to become a bit more productive myself. This book as certainly helped me as well as a few other resources... but that's another post! At only 36 pages, it's also a quick read. After all, the book is about being productive!


On Writing Well, 30th Anniversary Edition: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser

This is another book that came from a desire for self-improvement. As I was scrolling through my Goodreads, I noticed a blogger I admire (Dear Crissy) reading quite a few books on improving her writing. Well, if a blogger I look up to can improve her writing, certainly, I can improve mine! So, after a search for good books, I decided upon On Writing Well by William Zinsser - based on the fact it is well-liked by writers, available for download on my iPod's Kindle app, and, of course, free. :) I'm only 8% through this book, but am looking forward to diving into it a bit more once I finish a few other books first.

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

Years ago, I got a few of the Pretty Little Liars books for my sister for her birthday. Years later, the books have become an amazing television series, and I've found myself completely in love with the show. Looking for a bit of a fun,guilty pleasure read, I picked up the first book in the Pretty Little Liars book. Overall, I'm very impressed with it. As I read along, I can re-live the stories I first learned to love on television. Right now, this is my go-to book when I read. I absolutely love it! It's also a free Kindle download, so get it while it's still free!

Paradise Valley (The Daughters of Caleb Bender Book #1) by Dale Cramer

This was actually the first Kindle book I downloaded. I've always been fascinated by the Amish, so a story like this was naturally intriguing to me. I love how the romance escalates... from quick glances, to eventually taking the big step to holding hands when nobody is looking. I love the sweet innocence of the characters. While it's certainly not the intense page-turner, it's still a pretty decent book. I'll likely start reading this again once I finish Pretty Little Liars.


What are you reading? Leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :) 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...