Ariana's 1st Preschool Lesson - Counting

Friday, November 07, 2014 0 Comments A+ a-

I've been taking a relaxed approach to homeschooling this year for both Phoenix & Ariana. Phoenix has really seemed to thrive through child-led learning, and I was excited to do the same with Ariana.

Up until this point, Ariana has learned through general conversations, play, and from books. Today was the first time I sat her down to teach her something. To my surprise, she already seems to have picked up on counting, number recognition, as well as one-to-one correspondence. Tomorrow, we'll go over this some more, just to clarify that she's truly counting them or if she's using rote memorization. Oh, and colors! She's definitely picked up orange on her own. We'll be working more on those as well as shapes too in the near future. :)

I think despite not having a formal education at age 3½ (don't laugh, most kids her age have), she seems to be learning quite well. It's a funny thing, as much fun as it is to teach our kids, and can be just as much fun, and perhaps more meaningful for the child, when they learn things completely on their own. :)



 I'd love to hear what you think of this post. Leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...