My One Word For 2015

Sunday, January 11, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

Inspired by Daenel of Living Outside The Stacks, I've decided to participate in the One Word Challenge. The one word challenge is simple: lose the long the list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick one word that represents what you most hope to do in the year ahead.

My word for 2015 is present. Because I want people to send me presents this year. ;) Actually, it's because I want to focus more on what I'm doing in the present, and enjoying the present more fully. All we have is the present, so I'm hoping to use mine more wisely. When I'm with my kids, really BE with them. Spend less time online and on social media and more time being social in real life. Eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm satisfied. Meditate. Just be.


I just purchased Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, and I'm hoping this will help me with my mission to be more present as well. I've read the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tsu before, and can't say how amazing this book is. It's something you can read in 2 hour, and it will change your life. Below are a few resources for anyone looking to live more in the present or simply improve the quality of your life.







Do you have a word to inspire you in 2015? Feel free to leave a comment below. As always, I read and respond to each and every one.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...