Removing Facebook Negativity & Drama

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

Back in the day, I thought I knew everything. I used my Facebook feed to try to convert everyone I knew to my "right" way of thinking that I discovered and was so eager to share. Ultimately, focusing on how many bad thing there were out there started to consume my life. I knew the Facebook negativity that was cluttering my news feed had to stop, so I took a drastic measure. I quit Facebook. I learned a lot in the 7 months I was away from Facebook, but most importantly, to let go of the drama. To let go of pushing my causes on everybody.

Timber Hawkeye of Buddhist Boot Camp nailed it when he said,

"Your job isn't to go around trying to save people, or to drag them kicking and screaming with high hopes that in the end they will thank you... all you can do is live a healthy life yourself, trusting that those with eyes to see will pay attention and then save themselves. Your life is your message, so LIVE your message. Actions are way louder than words."

I didn't realize it at the time, but when I re-joined Facebook, this was my mantra. Yet, somehow over the past 1 year and 9 months, this vision has become cloudy. I've started falling into the trap of caring about nothingness. So today, that will end. This year, I've challenged myself to live in the present, As part of living in the present, I will no longer be following people and groups whose posts are negative, complaints, or judging others. I understand that everybody may have moments like these, but when these moments become all you seem to share, I will opt out of listening.

Here are a few quotes that I have found inspirational when deciding to remove negativity and drama from my Facebook feed.




Thank you so much for stopping by! How do you deal with Facebook negativity? Feel free to leave a comment. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...