The New Year, Book Clubs & The Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge

Thursday, January 01, 2015 0 Comments A+ a-

A Social Media Sabbatical 
Happy New Year! Normally, this is where I would write about all of my plans for 2015. But, to be honest, my life seems to be in a good place right now, and I have yet to find a goal I want to achieve, aside from the usual weight loss goal. ;)

I have been spending less time blogging lately, which feels good. In fact, in the month of December, I've published the fewest number of posts ever on It Keeps Getting Better, and I'm actually okay with that. I have just been more focused on living life instead of documenting it.

Last month, I started a social media sabbatical... challenging myself to one month without posting on Instagram and my Facebook blog page. So far, it has been amazing, and I have a feeling I'll be incorporating more social media sabbaticals in 2015. This year, I'm hoping on continuing to spend less time sharing online, and more doing stuff in real life.

The Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge
One of the things I'm looking forward to is reading a bit more. Last year, I read 19/20 books in my Goodreads Challenge.

2014 Reading Challenge

2014 Reading Challenge
Lisa has read 1 book toward her goal of 20 books.
hide

This year, I've pledged to read 10 books for the Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge. I chose fewer books this year so I can focus on a slower, relaxed reading pace as opposed to quick reading, just to get a book done.

Book Clubs 
I've also joined two book clubs this year. The first hosted by Daenel of Living Outside The Stacks and has been dubbed TeamLOTSReads where we are reading War Brides by Helen Bryan.


The second is... pardon the title...Vaginal Fantasy Book Club. It was started by geek goddess Felicia Day and a few of her friends to read and discuss fantasy/romance books with a strong female lead character. Certainly not my go-to genre, but it seems like a fun group, and I'm excited to be a part of it. Plus, who wouldn't want to be in a book club with a name like that, am I right? Lol. ;)

The lovely Felicia Day shows off some bookmarks.

I'm definitely looking forward to using these two book clubs to branch out and read books I wouldn't ordinarily read.


Check out the books I'm reading, have read, and want to read on Goodreads


Thanks for stopping by! Have you ever been in a book club before? Feel free to leave a comment.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...